Chapter 9: Darius

Darius' Pov

So it turned out that I'd be meeting my principessa with a broken nose. Like I said the issues between my friends and I  ran alittle deep. The only punishment they saw fit was beating me up. Now I had a broken nose covered with a plaster. However, they stood by me and supported my decision to marry Gem.  The reason they gave for supporting me was because I was a lonely fool.

It was the day of the engagement party and I was running late because of taking care of a few things. It was Antonio, Simon and I in the car while Orlando and Marcus rode in the car following ours.

"Stop doing that," Antonia spoke in a tone of irritation.

"What?" I asked blankly.

"Tapping your feet like that, it's irritating, " he replied." You need to calm down. "

"Let him stress, scumbag," Simon commented from the backseat.

"We're here," Antonio announced after a while. "Simon go check the situation inside."

"Okay, " he hopped out. He would never take that from any of us but Antonio who was his cousin just a year older than him. Antonio did demand a great amount of respect though the boy was only a year younger.

After a good 5 minutes he returned touching up his maroon tuxedo. He tried to keep it cool as he approached the car.

"She's already down there with the rest of the guests.  And your mum is flaunting her to everyone."

I huffed in frustration thinking of someway to not screw things up.

"Hello boys," came the little devil's voice.

"Ughhh!" Simon groaned loudly. "What do you want Haven?"

"I'm here to talk to my brother, " she pushed Simon aside and immediately started running her mouth. "What is this Darius? You're causing her mental breakdown, "

"She looks fine," Simon cut in.

"I mean internally you ass hole, you're hurting her Darius, making her look like a fool," she yelled," are you even listening?"

"Ask them to shut the power off?" Was all I said.

"What?"

"Fai quello che cazzo ho detto," I  said stepping out of the car.( Just do what I fucking said)

"Non puoi semplicemente presentarti e iniziare a dare ordini alle persone, " she yelled as I walked away. (You can't just show up and start ordering people around). "Vaffanculo!"

"Your sister is sooo annoying," Marcus was now standing beside me "but she's going to get it done."

"Can your men work in the dark?" I spoke into my phone.

"Uhhh it can be arranged sir," the man spoke back.

I hung up and placed my phone in my pocket.

"You think they'll figure it out?"

"They have no choice it's what I'm paying them for. To figure shit out," I stood watching the doors of the event hall closely.

"You're so mean," Marcus chuckled. Right then we were joined by a very angry Haven.

"Happy now?" She stopped next to Marcus.

I gave a curt nod to signal the team. In no time they rushed into the hall with their tools.

"Are you planning on telling her your past together?" He asked.

"Not yet but soon," I replied.

"She deserves to know Darius!" Haven squealed.