Chapter 24: Truth

Third Person's Pov

Lin had been hoping for days what she thought was the case wasn't the case. She had become a little paranoid after the wedding. She did all her research on Darius studied his features compared him to the man in her dreams and the stalker she only saw for a brief second before him and Gem met.

It had been a week, a week since he took Gem with him. She had no form of communication with Gem and it was worrying her. If he was who she thought he was, he could never be trusted with Gem alone.

"LIN!" Her cousin Lori yelled.
"What is wrong with you man? You're so unfocused, " they were taking a stroll and eating ice-cream. Well atleast Lorry was eating her ice-cream.

"What is it?" Lori asked now finding her cousins behavior strange. She was never the overthinker, she was one to always talk even when the situation was critical.

"It just doesn't make sense," she started. "What could he possibly want from her, marrying her was just some next level step."

"Are you talking about Gem?"

"I mean he treats her like a princess, there's no way he can be such a good pretender," she continued.

"Lin...i don't follow, " Lori conveyed the message. She drugged her to the nearest isolated public bench and explained everything to her. From Gem experiencing stalking to the moment she saw the stalker and he suddenly disappeared and then Darius appeared and he just so happened to look like the man.

"And you don't wanna tell her?"

"It'll ruin their honeymoon, " she responded.

"Okay let me see, when last did you speak to Gem?"

"The wedding. "

"And you just so happen to be fine with her being out there in the world with someone who's possibly her stalker."

"I mean I have a feeling she's safe?"

"Lin are you crazy?? Do you hear yourself? Your BEST FRIEND! Is somewhere out there with a psychopath that stalked her for weeks before he later appeared to marry her. And you have a feeling she's safe? He could be a serial killer Lin, this is how it all begins, like something innocent, something true but in actual sense he has intentions of harming her."

The unease now settled at the pit of Lins stomach. She was now next level worried.

"Firstly we don...don't know if it's really Darius," her voice croaked.

"Now you're the one acting dumb here," Lori fired back.

"Shut up," Lin spoke now irritated taking out her phone and checking for Nevaeh's number.

She called and she waited anxiously for the girl to pick up.

"Hello, " she picked up in a sleepy tone.

"Hey Nevaeh, it's Lin."

"Oh hi Linnette, sorry...what's up?" She responded sounding a little more lively now.

"Uhm...I called to ask about Gem, have you guys been in contact?" Silence came after the question.

"Actually no, which is weird...no" she was just as confused. "No one has been."

"Oh don't you find that odd?"

"Yes I do now that it's been mentioned, I'm gonna have to talk to my dad."

"Alright then you'll let me know when you get a hold of her."

"Sure. Bye."
And the call ended.

"This isn't good."