Chapter 15: Missing Him

Gem's Pov

Ughhhhh!! Not even an hour. Not even a  freaking hour. I had nothing more to do than just sit around and take orders from my mother's concerning the wedding. Mummy Ella was polite about it but not my mother. She was spiteful and strict and always yelling when I didn't get something done. Last I checked she didn't even want the wedding to take place and now she was bossing me around.
The day care was closed for the holidays  I would go out with Lin somedays just to  get at away from the house.

At the current moment I was sleeping on my fluffy foot rug staring up at the blank screen and my phone. A knock reached my ears and I grew irritated at the small gesture. The absence of my response made the person walk in. I stared up a bit and saw that it was my father.

"Oh there you are," he crouched before sitting on the floor. I quickly sat up creating space on the rug. I tapped on it indicating he join me and he did with a light thank you.

"How are you Gem?" He asked like it was some kind of critical question.

"I'm fine? Why do you ask?" I questioned.

"Hayes says you've been off lately," Hayes and his big mouth, "tell me whatever it is,  the wedding preparations. "

"Partly, " I mumbled audibly.

"So there's more," he nodded like a wise man. "Listen if it's your mum stressing you about the wedding ignore her. She's going through some stuff and I'm gonna have to apologise on her behalf... so I'm-"

"It's okay papa," I held his arm comfortingly and passed him a half smile.

"You did it," he pointed at me with a wide smile.

"Did what?" I was a little confused.

"You called me papa," his smile wide, "just like when you were a little girl," he cupped my face and kissed my cheek tenderly. Papa was a lot more supportive than anyone else. He did little to make me feel like I was making the worst decision of my life. He would ask me how every day went, if I had spoken to my in laws, if I wanted some changes to be made, just all the little things that matter.

"Will you let me call you that from now on?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Of course, you're still my little girl aswell." We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before my head leaned on his shoulder and he started off talking.

"Don't tell this to anyone but we are celebrating Christmas with the Lombardis," he whispered. Now I definitely could not miss Christmas with my family.

"Tou haven't told mother?"

"I'm yet to tell her," he shrugged without a care.

"Dad Christmas is in five days you'll have to tell her soon before she has somethingelse to yell about."

"You're probably right," he stroked his chin, "let me go tell her. And you don't have a problem with Damon being at your in-laws house right?"

"No," I wasn't sure actually.

"Okay then we won't have to leave him out," he got up with a couple of bones cracking here and there. I chuckled a bit and he gave me a teasing glare. "So what if papa's getting old? I still got the fight."

He opened the door ready to leave when he turned back with a small smile. "He'll be back soon." I gave a half smile until he walked out.

"What a session." I got off the floor and moved to the bed.

Then came another knock. I suffocated myself in a pillow before answering.

"Hello Gem," Nevaeh walked in with a McDonald's pack. "Brought this for you since you're a bit down. McDonald's fixes everything." She handed the pack over and I took it.