Chapter 25: Hate

Darius' Pov

I was trying to remain composed the entire time. I could just break the door down grab her and leave for Italy but I couldn't do that to my princess. She was already too soft and as it was I had hurt her way too much. In the first few minutes I could hear her, sobbing on the other side of the door. She was hurt that I knew. I just wished I had told her sooner so we could've avoided all this. But I didn't want to make things awkward for us.

I stood outside the door listening for any sound. She had become too silent and it was driving me insane.

"Neonata, " I knocked gently, "I brought food."

It was obvious she was hungry, extremely, she had been inside for more than two hours, no water no nothing. I got no response in return.

"I'm leaving, just come out and eat something," I didn't want to but I had to do what I had to do. I put sleeping pills in the food and her water. I couldn't let her go back, if she did everything would be screwed and I would lose her for sure.

I made sure my footsteps were loud as I exited the room. The only thing on her mind was leaving and I could only hope that she would touch the food. And if she didn't I would have to use other ways. I left the door open so she could hear me leaving the apartment. I wasn't going far, I would just be outside. I stood outside for about 45 minutes and when I went back inside it was quiet, I took sturdy steps to out room hoping it worked but it was possible it didn't work and my beautiful bride found some way to double cross me.
To my surprise there she lay against the wall with a duffle bag in hand. The food had moved, she definitely took a couple of spoons.

I picked her up feeling like the worst husband ever and lay her on the bed.

I pulled my phone out and called our pilot, Raphael, we had to leave.

"Hey Raph, where are you?" I asked covering Gem up. She looked so at peace it had me feeling guilty.

"I'm in Spain what's up boss?"

"I need you here right now, I need to get to Italy immediately."

"Aren't you on your honeymoon?"

"Enough with the questions already just get here right now."

"You know we were scheduled for tomorrow, and I too have a life."

"Just make your way here and do your job, you have tomorrow to continue doing whatever it is you're doing there." Raphael was quite the womaniser, I just made a way for him to get to all kinds of women of different nationalities, so I already knew what he was doing in Spain. Before he could continue talking, I cut the line and proceeded to pack up the suitcases, I wasn't as good at folding like she was but I tried my best. Everything was packed up and all that was left was Raphael's message.

It was about 9 pm when the man whore arrived, Gem was still asleep. She had been out for 4 hours and she didn't even flinch in her sleep. I had the guards pick up the suitcase while I had Gem in my arms as we made our way out of the hotel. I scooped her up bringing her closer, somehow for my own comfort, to help us sit better in the car.

We made it to the airport and met up with Raphael, I didn't spare him a single glance because he had wasted most of my damn time. I took Gem to the private compartment and layed her down on the bed and covered her.

"I'm sorry," I whispered and planted a kiss on her forehead.
I was exhausted, I was genuinely exhausted for the first time in a while. The only thing I could do at the moment  was sleep too.

.....

Gem's Pov

"I'm leaving, just come out and eat something, " was all I was waiting for. But I didn't know I'd it was a trick or he was actually leaving. I didn't care about the food even though I was hungry. I had to find some way out of this place I would eat later. I had already found a duffle bag to help me with my clothes and documents. I came out of the closet and the clothes were still on the floor before an open suitcase.