Chapter 7: Dinner

Gem's Pov

After making up my mind I had asked my dad to schedule a dinner with the Lombardis so I could give them an answer. I had managed to make the decision after long thought and a visit to the church. My heart was thumping in my chest the entire day. This was really nerve wrecking for me, especially knowing the guy is gonna be present.

"Gem calm down," Lin advised as I packed up my stuff preparing to head home.

"I'm trying but you know I can't," she did a swift eye roll.

"You know telling me your answer will relieve your anxiety,"

"Not a chance big shot," I sighed and she chuckled. I rubbed my face feeling like sweat was trickling down but in actual sense it wasn't.

"It will all be fine, I'm sure whatever decision you'll make will be best for you," I nodded and took a deep breath out.

"I should get home and prepare,"

"Okay. Send me some cute pics," she yelled and I laughed knowing I wouldn't  give her the pleasure.

It was a quiet, nerve wrecking  ride back home with Swiss. The moment we got home Maya was waiting on me. She was so excited to dress me and do my makeup.

I sat in front of my dresser in the closet with Maya rubbing feathers on my face. I had done light make up on my face and put on  the simplest appropriate dress I could find. I wore a white pleated midi dress with colourless block heels. Was I supposed to dress up? I felt a bit over dressed. I shouldn't have. I started regretting but it was too late for that as Nevaeh came in the room. She didn't say a single word she just stared at me making me feel uncomfortable.

"I knew it," I  mumbled turning to my closet.

I heard a loud ear splitting squeal before I was turned swiftly.

"Omg Gem!!" She twirled me. "You are definitely giving this guy a yes," her smile was nearing her ears.

"No," I denied and she gave me a smug look.

"Fine but if you do say yes I'm going to be so part of the planning."

"Whatever, what do you need?"

"Dad says you should be the one to welcome them."

"Alright," I gave my body one last glance before stepping out with Nevaeh.

Downstairs my parents waited  with the rest of my siblings. Sadie gave a defeated look while Storm smiled proudly.

Before anyone could even open their mouth the door bell rang. We all stared at the door. Mary, one of the maids, cruised for the door.

"Mary leave it," my father said and looked at me, "go on."

I took steps towards the door and opened the door. Their they stood all four familiar faces except one. He had a rather boyish look but was still handsome like his older brother beside him. What? I wasn't supposed to think that of them right?

"Come in," I widened the door space and they all came in.

"You look stunning honey," Mrs. Lombardi complimented.

"Thank you Mrs. Lombardi." I smiled while saying so.

"Please call me m- ... aunt Ella," I nodded at her request with a smile.

We proceeded to meet the rest of my family in the middle. They were silent at first but began to pass their greetings. My mother still looked spiteful. She would probably loved if I married in a less competitive family.