2 : Late For Work

Latte finishes dressing up to her barista clothes and sits down on a chair while facing the mirror. She grabs a ponytail from the small cabinets and gives it to Almond.

"Okay Detective, you can help me by styling my hair."

"Sure, that's a start..."

He combed her hair and gathered them into a high ponytail. He made it a bit messy, but he was trying his best to make it as neat as possible. Almond fixed her bangs too to make it more presentable.

"Honey, I love doing all this but, I thought your work started 20 minutes ago."

"Oh actually, I'm 30 minutes late." She said positively, keeping the smile on her face.

"Aren't you worried about what's happening in the coffee shop?"

"Nah, I'm sure Espresso's taking care of everything. Plus it isn't the first time..."

"This isn't the first time you've been late?" He stopped brushing her hair for a moment.

"You know what, I think it's best we just keep it to ourselves."

"But you weren't late when we went to Hollyberry's birthday..."

He places down the brush and finalized her hair with a simple black clip. Almond was pretty proud of himself for helping her out. Latte stands up and hugs Almond tightly.

"I love the hairstyle, I didn't know you had a talent for that."

"You know Walnut, she always asks me to tie her hair before going to work."

 "Really? Well, I best be off, I'll see you tonight."

"Have fun at work." Almond kissed her cheek and watched her leave the house.