15 : Be Mine

It was 5:28 pm, Latte gazed at the bright sun setting on the horizon. Almond placed his arm around her shoulder while she was still watching the sun.

"Guh, alright! Got a good view of them." Walnut crawled under the bed brought out her camera.

"Almond literally told us that he's going to ground us if we don't move it. Now let's go." Cream Puff pulled her by her foot.

"Wahhhhh! Noooo!" Walnut cried.

The sun was gone and stars started appearing in the sky. Almond held the box and took a deep breath.

"You okay? You look like you're worried." Latte said.

"What? No, no no no. It's just, I can't believe we're like this already." He hid his other hand in his pocket where he was gripping the box.

"The girls do seem to get along quite well." She smiled. "During all the moments we've been through, I thought I couldn't prepare myself to see you every time. You're almost serious all the time that it seemed like it was impossible to make you smile."

"You're the reason I'm smiling, Latte. You're so positive and caring that you wouldn't suit for a man like me." Almond confessed.

"I think you're just the right amount. You do need to work on that temper though." She giggled.

"By the way, I have something to ask you..."

He showed the box to her and went down on one knee. Tears began forming in Latte's eyes, she couldn't believe herself. He was doing it, right in front of her.

"Latte, whatever both of us do, I want to be part of it all. Will you marry me?" Almond questioned.

"Yes!" She embraced him and cried, all the emotions she could feel bursted out.

"Hey hey, calm down. It's okay, it's okay..." Almond patted her back slowly.

"It's just, I don't know what to say!"

"I'll put on the ring, now come on, give me your hand."

Almond carefully put the ring on Latte's finger and kissed her palm.

"Do we tell the girls? After all, they've been really good."

"Yes, let's tell them before they think we're going to stay here the whole night."