17 : Gathering

The rest of the afternoon was a small but memorable party. The others were usually talking to each other which made Espresso pissed since he was left with the cooking. Cream Puff was sobbing on her notepad while laying on the couch.

"I had so many plans left! This was too unexpected!"

"It's gonna be fine." Walnut patted her back.

"What do you mean it's gonna be fine?! I planned this for several days and even asked Madeleine, waaaa!" She blew her nose with her handkerchief.

Walnut peeped from Eclair's living room and saw Eclair holding a really long scroll. His hands were so fast that he wrote until the half of it.

"Is that all? I feel like it isn't enough." He sighed.

"We don't want it to be too grand, Eclair. After all it's just the both of us." Latte explained.

"Nonsense! Friends should always have something special! You can't say it is enough."

"Maybe you guys should have those outdoor weddings instead." Madeleine recommended.

"This is turning out to be a wedding meeting more than an actual party. You all should slow down. It's not like they're going to do it tomorrow." Espresso walked in with a tray of fruit tarts.

"He's right, one of us is interested what we'll talk about next." Almond smiles at Walnut peeping from the room.

"Wah!" She hides again and tugs Cream Puff. "Come on, you can't just keep weeping here."

"I can, and I will!" Cream Puff smacks herself with the notepad.

"Mmm...I smell tarts. Want me to get for you?" Walnut moved her notepad from her face.

"Fine with me."

Before Walnut could get out of the room, Latte stood in front of her unintentionally. They got scared of each other for a quick second.

"Oops, sorry. I didn't know you were getting out of the room." Latte apologized.

"It's okay. I was gonna get tarts from outside since I sense some." Walnut made a cat face.

"Haha, okay. I just wanted to check if you guys would talk to us for a favor."

"What favor? Is it something about the wedding?" Cream Puff thought.

"Well, yes...let's get those little legs up. Madeleine's already begging to see you two." Latte held their hands and went to them.

"Yay! Hi you two!" Madeleine pinched their cheeks and embraced them tightly.

"Yeah. Okay I'm suffocating...yup!" Walnut tried to gasp in for air.

"You better let them breath before they get crushed." Espresso pulled his hair.

"Fine, but they're so cute, how can I not hug them?" He stopped hugging them.

"My air sacs were about to explode." Cream Puff coughed.

"Maybe we should invite Tea Knight to the wedding, no?" Eclair wrote his name on his scroll. "He's gonna be a great flower girl."

"Eclair!" Espresso shouted.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But he'll be part if that's okay."

"Sure. There's no trouble adding him." Almond assured.

"Man these tarts are good." Walnut ate 2 tarts at once. "Who made these?"

"I did. I appreciate that you enjoy them." Espresso said.

They stayed up until 10 pm until they all went home.