6 : Almond's Interview

Almond gently tucked Walnut in and kissing her forehead. 

"I should've not let her do that appointment. If I was there with Walnut when Madeleine asked her, I would finish it myself. Or better, I would have helped her."

"Don't feel bad for yourself. I'm sure she'll get well rested." Cream Puff assured.

He was still full of regret, she stayed up so late and sacrificed her time for her work. He thinks he's stupid for doing that.

"Everything's gonna be okay, Detective." Cream Puff gave him a short hug for comfort.

"Right," Almond cleared his throat. "What were you going to ask me?"

"Uh yeah, the relationship. I was thinking that Walnut and I can lend a hand. You both said that you needed help."

"She also needs help? Never heard her tell me that..." His head was in the clouds for a second.

"Anyways, what are the points you need help with?"

"Let's see," He looked around the room for ideas. "I feel as if I'm not spending a lot of time with her. I'm always out on work that I forget to talk to her."

"Hm, okay. Any more?" She leaned her head a bit to check on Walnut.

"I'm a bit too harsh on her sometimes."

"A bit?" Cream Puff raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe too much..."

"Is that it?"

"Yes, that's all for now. I'll update you if I have anything more that comes to mind."

"Thanks. By the way, why are you interested knowing? And how do you know about love so much?"

"Uhhhhh-" She remembered talking to Madeleine the other day, and talking about how his life was going with Espresso lately. "Maybe it's not too important to know."

She exited and closed the door behind her. Whiskers was outside the doorstep, he did scratch on the door too many times that it left some marks. Cream Puff picked him up and went to her room. Now she knew exactly what to do for the both of them.