16 : Great News

Cream Puff and Walnut were busy playing chess in the dining room.

"Aaaaand...checkmate!" Cream Puff smirked. "I win, again."

"This is the 4th time I lost! I can't do this anymore." Walnut pouted.

"Kids? Can we talk to you for a moment?" Almond watches his daughter throw chess pieces on the table.

"Okay, Walnut you're picking those up."

They both stand beside each other, facing Latte and Almond.

"So, what happened in the balcony earlier, was..." Latte let them guess.

"You guys planned to travel?" Cream Puff guessed.

"You guys want another pet?" Walnut guessed.

"None of those." Almond replied.

"Then what? Say it, say it!" Cream Puff became impatient.

"Almond proposed to me!" Latte excitedly told them.

"Is this...a joke?" Walnut turned to Almond.

"No darling, it's real." He grinned.

"WHATTTT?!!" Cream Puff got the hand where Latte's ring was. "Is this a miracle?"

"Well kind of, you're finally going to have a Mom, Walnut! You can also join the family too, Cream Puff." Latte chuckled.

"Yaay! I told you you'd find a wife, Dad." She crossed her arms.

"Should we tell Professor Eclair and the others?" Cream Puff suggested.

"I guess so. They're friends after all." Latte said.

They headed to Eclair's house and rang the doorbell. There were loud thuds coming from inside.

"Yes yes, I'll be there! Just, almost, there!" Eclair struggled to open the door. "Ah, greetings all of you! What do you need?"

"Can you come with us to Espresso and Madeleine's place?" Latte asked.

"Oh that's fine with me." Eclair stuffed his scrolls in his cabinet. "Let's go Cookies!"

They stopped by Espresso and Madeleine's house. When they knocked on their door, a cat went out of their doggy door and sat there.

"Huh..." Latte stared at it.

"Ah, apologies for Vivi. What brings you all here? Is there something urgent in the institute?" Espresso carried the cat.

"We just wanted to ask if you and Madeleine wanted to join us to the fountain." Cream Puff answered.

"In that case, wait here. Madeleine's busy singing in the shower. Stupid singing isn't letting me focus..." He slammed the door.

Espresso was yelling out Madeleine's name so many times that Madeleine shrieked when he barged in the bathroom. They stood there in silence.

"Alright, he'll be out in a minute." Espresso smiled.

"Are you sure you didn't scare the soul out of him?" Eclair gulped.

"Eh, he's fine."

Madeleine's hair was sort of dripping when he came out.

"Sorry for the delay everyone. Some reason I get paid for singing in the shower..."

"Yeah, and make sure to dry your hair next time." Espresso pulled a part of his hair, got his handkerchief and dried it.

They arrive in the fountain and gathered together while Almond and Latte were in front.

"Okay everyone. We're all here to say something important." Almond cleared his throat.

"He proposed to me." Latte announced.

"WOOOOOOO!" Madeleine shouted.

"Geez you're being so noisy..." Espresso rolled his eyes.

"Congratulations to you both! When are you both preparing for the wedding? Because I'll gladly assist if you want." Eclair said.

"That's really kind, thank you. For now we're not going to discuss about it." Almond gladly accepted his offer.

"Who's going to be the maid of honor?" Walnut interrogated.

They turned their heads to Espresso.

"What do you all want? I'm not wearing a silly dress!" He scoffed.

"But you'd look cute in it! Aww, what's with the face? Come onnnn!" Madeleine pinched his cheeks.

"I'd rather be the one servicing out food than that." Espresso slapped his hands to stop him from pinching them.

"I say this calls for a nice celebration, my treat." Eclair declared.

"That would be splendid. Let's head back every Cookie." Latte brightly smiled.