3 : Angel in-us

"I'm here!" Latte stops by the entrance, trying to catch her breath. "Sorry I'm late, again..."

Angel and Gingerbrave see her and wave from the counter. Espresso approaches her and gives her an annoyed facial expression.

"Could you ever arrive here earlier? You're always behind schedule."

"How should I know? I don't stare at a clock 24/7."

"Enough of that. There is something I need to ask you."

"What?" She tilted her head.

"If Madeleine ever comes in, please tell him I'm not here."

"Why? He is your boyfriend-"

"Shh shh shh, it's not that. I have not exactly came back to our house in a while..." He crossed his arms, breaking eye contact with her.

"You mean you've been staying out here? And staying up late?"

"And working, but yes, I did some repairs of the coffee machines for 4 days straight."

"4 DAYS?! Are you out of your mind?!" She exclaimed.

"Guys, better start getting to your stations, we're opening in a minute!" Gingerbrave said.

Angel flips the sign to "Open!" and sorts the straws afterwards. Some random Cookies come in and order what they want. Espresso tries his best to focus on who's coming in, who knows when Madeleine's coming in. Latte notice him tense up everytime a Cookie would get in, then sigh in relief if it wasn't him.

"That's all of them for the morning, we're taking a break for now." Gingerbrave hung his apron on the nearby coat rack then turned to Espresso and Latte. "Can you guys please check the supply room and see if anything's gonna be out of stock soon?"

"Yeah sure. Let's go Espresso." She hung her apron with Espresso too.

They open the supply room and checked every box of ingredients. All they were running out were Milk, Boba Pearls and Glazed Donuts.

"I guess that's all of them." Espresso wiped the sweat off with arm.

Angel welcomed another customer, they probably didn't expect someone to come in at this time. When Latte and Espresso peeked from the room, the Cookie that came inside was Madeleine. Espresso immediately panicked inside and closed the door.

"No no no, no no! I knew this would happen!"

"It's going to be fine! Uh, I'll go out so it won't be suspicious that I'm not around, okay?" She slowly opens the door and greets Madeleine.