4 : Don't Notice Me

"Ah Latte! Nice to see you here!" He gives her a friendly hug.

"Yup, nice to see you too."

"Have you seen Espresso? I haven't seen him for days."

"Um no, sorry." She started sweating uncontrollably. 

"Really? But I thought he works here with you?" He questions.

Latte's palms and face start sweating even more, wiping her hands onto her apron.

"Uh yes! He does, but well he went out to grab more supplies. It might take a while for him to come back, hehe." She tried to come up with an excuse that may make it believable, however it was pretty evident that it wasn't true due to the supply truck being right at the back of the cafe.

So if he we were to wait for him there, he would've noticed the truck still there and may see Espresso at the back as well.

Angel gracefully flew over to Madeleine to hand over his Sweetberry Juice and Hearty Rye.

"Here you go and I hope you have a wonderful day sir!" Angel smiled warmly at him, then flew back to their station.

"Well, I'll just wait for Espresso at the back, its been a while seen I've seen him." He smiled and started walking towards the back of the cafe.

"Wait! Nonononono! You mustn't go there!!" Latte stopped him using her magic spoon, running to his front to block his way with arms out.

"Why not? It is only the back of the cafe, it is not like there's anything special or secretive behind there, right?" He took a bite out of his baked good, smiling as the warmth from it filled his heart.

"You see er, we have our uh, secret ingredients there! Yes, our prime ingredients for making our special meals here at the cafe. It is our sworn duty to not uh, show customers." Latte started sweating once more, smiling to hide it all.

"I see, I see. Well, I'll just wait for him at home like usual, it was great talking to you Latte, have a splendid day!" He walked out of the cafe, heading home.

Latte sighed with relief as he exited the premise.

"Thank Pure Vanilla he believed me..."

"Well I mean, you barely lie so I guess it is only fair that he'd trust you." Angel fluttered around, giving out the orders from the other cookies.

"True, now I should go check on Espresso." She headed to the supply room.