11 : Back From Work

"See you tomorrow Latte." Espresso watches Latte as she exits the café.

"Yeah, make sure Angel isn't staying up late like last time."

She checked her watch, 7:58 pm. She tightly griped her bag when she arrived home. When she turned the doorknob, it wasn't locked. Someone forgot to lock the door.

"Huh?" She was afraid that someone might have robbed them. "Cream Puff? Walnut? Almond?"

She looked around a few more times, no one was home. Some of the room lights were still on. Latte placed her bag on the coffee table and saw Whiskers sleeping on the living room rug. It was either she would find them, or stay until they come back.

Meanwhile, Almond slowly dozed off and slept while keeping his head on the desk. Walnut was writing the last appointments for tomorrow. Cream Puff was busy looking through the drawers.

"Dad? If you need to rest, we can go home already." Walnut turned to Cream Puff. "Should we call Latte?"

"She still might be in work. I don't wanna disturb her."

"Dad come onn~!" She tugged on his coat a few more times.

"Hm? Ah sorry, I couldn't get the last papers done." He placed the papers aside.

"No no that's okay, we were about to go home. I was wondering if you'd wanna go home too."

"Sure, let's go."

While they walked home together, Latte was busy cooking dinner. Whiskers woke up and sat beside her. He circled around her legs a few times then jumped on the kitchen counter.

"You hungry? I can get you something." Latte shut off the stove.

"Meow..." It said.

"Okay, here you go little one." She gave him a bowl of oatmeal.

"We're home!" Almond took off his shoes along with the two.

"Finally, I thought you'd never come home." Latte went to greet them.

"I always do. What? Worried?" He pulled her close and pecked her forehead.

"I-it's not that. It's because you work a lot that you usually come home at midnight mostly." 

"Come on, no need to be so serious. Just be glad I came home at this time."

"Let's eat, dinner's getting cold." Latte said.