Chapter 15: Class Trip (3rd Day: Part 1)

The next morning I woke up with loud banging at my door followed by young girls' voices calling out to me. The only day I get to sleep a little longer is the day they decide to wake up earlier...

I got up and told them to wait. I then placed a hand on Aki's forehead to measure her temperature but I couldn't tell whether it was hot or cold due to the heat of my hand, so I drew nearer and brushed away her bangs, placing my lips on her forehead. Her temperature seemed to have gone back to normal despite that her face was still warm from the sunburns. I accidentally woke her up and noticed her eyes open slowly until they were wide, noticing I was kissing her. I suddenly remembered what I had done last night and pulled back blushing as well.

"Y-your fever seems to have gone down." I said, coughing to cover my embarrassment.

Aki sat up abruptly and her face was clearly blushing behind the sunburns. She looked around wondering where she was, looking confused.

"You collapsed with a fever in your cabin. Eiko called me to check up on you, so I brought you here." I answered before she could ask.

"Thank you." She murmured in embarrassment. Her eyes then widened and she looked back at me. "Then, where did you sleep, Sensei?"

I chuckled, "That doesn't matter, does it?"

"B-but-" she insisted on worrying about me.

"Anyways, your friends are here." I had almost forgotten about them.

I opened the door and Eiko immediately let herself in, "What took you so long?!"

Chihiro cheerfully greeted me and ran towards Aki. Tamika then followed, glaring sideways at me. Again? I waited for Uzuki to come in but once I turned around she was already beside Aki. She really is invisible... They all gathered around Aki and she got up, trying to convince them that she's fine.

"Sensei..." Chihiro puffed her cheeks and scowled at me. That was when I noticed she was holding Aki's clothes.

What? Really? They have to this here? "Can't you do that in your own cabin?"

Eiko forced me to turn around shoved me.

"Alright, alright." I faced the wall and traced the wooden splinters until Aki got dressed.

"Sensei, it's okay now." She said in a voice I almost couldn't hear. I turned around and my eyes glanced at the clock noticing it was nearly time for breakfast.

"We gotta go! You're late!" I lied, hoping to have a moment to talk to Tamika.

They all rushed out of my cabin and as soon as they did, I called out to her.

"Tamika, can I have a word with you?" I said sternly.

By the look on her face she figured out what I wanted to discuss with her. Just as clever as expected from a rich lady like her. She signaled the others to go ahead without her and crossed her arms impatiently.

I sighed and sat on my bed with my legs crossed. "What was that yesterday?"

"What was what?" she deliberately provoked me.

"Glaring at me like that..."

"I don't know what you are talking about." She turned her face, controlling her expressions. This girl...

"Don't play dumb Tamika. You know exactly what I am talking about."

"No." she glared at me in a piercing manner once again. "You don't play dumb!" she pointed a finger straight at me.

"Huh?"

"I know exactly that you know Aki likes you. Don't try to fake you don't know."

My eyes widened in shock, "Did she tell you that?"