Chapter 22

At first, the kiss I gave her yesterday was nothing but a playful act, I was just teasing her. I hadn't realized how serious it was and that it would cause such distress in me. Her words repeated in my mind. What do I feel for her? There's no way I would fall in love with her, right? She's my student after all... Then what is this pain? Why do I feel this way?

Shit.

While teaching her class I tried forcing myself not to look at her, it was like trying to pull apart from a strong magnet. How could I not look in her direction? Especially with the expression she's making, probably wondering why had kissed her. 

"Sensei." I heard a weak voice calling as I wrote on the board, my back facing the class. I turned around slowly in fear, facing the owner of the voice. "Can I go to the bathroom?" Aki asked, looking weak and frail.

"S-sure. Go ahead." I said, wondering why she looked so pale.

Aki got up and I looked back at the board, forcing myself to avert my eyes from her. The class gasped as there was a loud thud near the door. I quickly turned to see Aki laying on the floor, unconscious.

"Aki!" I yelled, running towards her. I placed her arms around my neck and picked her up. "Hasegawa, you're in charge. It's study hall until I'm back." I said, trying to seem calm.

Shit. Why did something like this have to happen the day I am trying to avoid her? Her scent filled the air as I carried her down the hallway. Having her this vulnerable in my arms... I've got to hold myself back. I finally arrived at the nurse's office and kicked the door open. I scanned the empty room. Where's that woman when you need her?

I gently placed Aki on one of the beds, closed the curtains to block the light and sat beside her. I observed her frail body and stroked her smooth skin, remembering that I had once banged the large-chested nurse in this exact bed. I flinched and rapidly removed my hand from her. Why are such images appearing in my head? What is this girl to me? I scanned her innocent body from head to toes. What would happen if I were to fall in love with her? No, I can't. I rested my arms and head on the bed where Aki was lying. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply, welcoming her sweet scent. Please, don't wake up now. Just for a little longer...

I woke up with the feeling of soft and slender fingers stroking my hair. I jolted up, my eyes widened and so did hers.

"Aki..."

"Ah, sorry!" she said, flustered, not expecting that I would wake up.

"How are you feeling? Are you better?" I asked, finally fully awake.

"Y-yes. I'm fine now. Thank you, Sensei, for bringing me--"

"Idiot!" her eyes widened. "Why didn't you tell me that you weren't feeling well? Something bad could've happened. What if I hadn't seen you?" I yelled at her, worried. I'm such an idiot, becoming flustered like this because of a student.

"I- I'm sorry, I--"

I hugged her, surprising the both of us. "I'm just glad you're fine." I sighed in relief and my eyes widened. I let go of her and felt embarrassed. "Sorry." I got up. "I'll go search for the nurse. Stay in bed."

"It's fine, I feel much better n--"

"Stay." I said sternly, concerned for her health.

I found the nurse fooling around with the GYM teacher and frowned at her, "A student fainted. She's waiting for you in your office." I said, giving her a cold glare.

"M-Miyano-san! This isn't what it looks like, I--" she straightened up her clothes and pulled Yamaguchi's sweat pants back up.

"It looks like you're giving this guy a blowjob instead of doing your job." I grimaced in disgust.

"N-no! I... I swear I was thinking of you the whole time I was doing it!"

I glared at her and lifted her chin, "You think I care?" I crushed her jaw, "I could have any woman in the world. Why would I care about a slut like you?" She fell silent and the GYM teacher left, running with his tail in between his legs. "Go treat the student before I report your slutty ass!" She freed herself and ran towards her office.

I sighed. How could a mere high school girl make me angry to this point, just because I worried about her...

I saw Aki again in lunch with her friends. She looked fine by the way she was laughing and I finally felt relieved.

I felt confused with my own feelings and avoided her for the rest of the day.