Chapter 2

Aki's eyes followed me, as usual, as I walked around the front of the classroom. Even though she's looking at me, it's pretty obvious she's not paying attention to what I'm saying.

Aki believes Rina-Sensei and I are in some kind of romantic relationship. Every time I mention her in class, Aki all of a sudden pays very close attention to what I'm saying and looks a bit sad.

I decided to try it out again. "This weekend Rina-Sensei and I went to the beach," all of a sudden Aki woke up from her daydreaming and paid close attention to me, "we thought that it would be nice to take you all in a field trip there. I will have you write a paper about your experiences at the beach." I then handed each of them a permission slip, "Have your parents sign this, you must give it in no later than Thursday. If you don't, you don't get to go to the beach."

As I handed Aki the paper, she stuttered, "T-thank you."

I felt like teasing her, so I lowered myself and gazed into her eyes, "You're welcome." I said with a provocative smile. Aki blushed immensly and I tried not to laugh as I finished handing the permission slips to the rest of the class.

As I continued talking about Rina Sensei and some assignments she gives to her class, I noticed Aki's eyes were filled with tears. As soon as she noticed I that I had seen her, Aki averted her eys and tried to hide her tears. Crap, I went to far...

Once the bell rang for the end of class, Aki's friends called for her. Aki hid her eyes from them and nodded. She stood up and started walking out the door with her friends. As they started exiting the classroom, I grabbed Aki's arm.

"Can I speak to you for a moment?" Aki looked at me surprised, forgetting to hide her teary eyes.

"We'll be in the rooftop." her friends said as they left Aki behind in the classroom alone with me.

I waited until they closed the door and I lowered myself to look at Aki's face. "Why are you crying?" I knew the answer to my own question, but I just wanted to let her know that I was worried.

Aki rubbed her eyes like a child, "I'm not."

I grabbed her arm and put it down to take a look at her face. As I did that, Aki closed her eyes. "Yes you are..." She shook her head. "What a stubborn girl..."

Aki opened her eyes and puffed her cheeks. I laughed and cupped her cheek with my hand as I wiped the tears off her face. Aki's eyes widened.

"You don't need to tell me why you were crying." I smiled softly, "But next time, don't keep your feelings to yourself. Let others comfort you."

"Okay?" She nodded. "Make sure to get your parents to sign the permission slip." I patted her head and smiled.

Aki nodded and I watched her exit the classroom. I should probably stop talking about Rina Sensei in front of Aki for a while...