Chapter 8

The next morning, as I got to school, I immediately noticed the picture of me holding Aki pasted all over the school walls. I was shocked and grabbed one of the papers, ripping it off the wall. I sighed in relief as I noticed that Aki's back is facing the picture. At least people won't recognize her...

I felt as if I was being observed as I walked towards my class, ripping off as many papers as I could. I felt people's stares fixed on me and I tried to ignore their comments:

"Did you see the pictures? I hear Miyano Sensei likes one of his students."

"I heard that they're already dating."

"Who do you think she is?"

"Really? So lucky! I wish that girl was me."

"Eww, no way. He's so creepy. What a pervert."

The students whispered between each other as I walked by in the hallway. I tried to ignore them, fighting the urge to answer back to them.

I then reached my classroom, and as I got in, everyone began whispering. I slammed on my desk in order to quiet them down. I looked around the classroom, Aki had a troubled face and Yuki wore a grin stretching from one ear to the other. I calmed the class down and called on students to present their assignments. I hesitated and finally called on to Aki and Yuki. Yuki looked as bright as ever while presenting. As I thought, this cheerful personality, it's all just a disguise. Aki was nervous, trembling, and keeping a distance between her and Yuki.

Shortly after the presentations were over, I dismissed the class to lunch. Aki approached me as the other students began to leave the classroom.

"Sensei, I--" She was interrupted by the principle's voice standing at the door, ordering me to 'have a word' with him.

"Sorry. I'll speak to you later." I told Aki, following the principle to his office.

We sat down facing each other in an uncomfortable environment. This man has never been very fond of me, I think it might have something to do with the fact that his wife is always following me around and trying to flirt with me.

"I'm sure you have seen the papers up on the hallways." he began, lifting up one of the copies. I nodded. He droped it onto the coffee table between us, "Would you care to explain?"

I froze. If I don't tell the truth I will surely be fired.. But if I do, what will happen to Aki and Yuki. Yuki could be suspended or even expelled. Additionally, if someone finds out, Aki will be utterly humiliated. I fell silent, trying to decide what to do.

 "No excuses, eh?" the principle smirked victoriously, seeming to be urging to get rid of me. I gulped, avoiding eye contact.

"Follow me." he got up from his seat.

I followed him to my classroom.

"Gather your things. This will be the last day you'll work in this school. Please write your resignation letter as soon as you clear your desk.

The principle then turned to leave and I heard fast thumping of footsteps pacing towards the room. Aki appeared at the door, grabbing onto Yuki's hand.

"Wait!" she yelled.

 Aki nudged Yuki. He looked down and spoke, "It's my fault. Please don't fire Miyano Sensei."

The principle glanced back at me then turned back to face Yuki. To my surprise, Yuki told the principle everything that had occurred yesterday and begged him not to fire him.

"Please, punish me, not Sensei." he said, ashamed.

The principle sighed and walked towards the door, "I guess it's not today that I get to see you leave, Miyano." Aki's eyes brightened and a smile grew on her face. You idiot, you're too obvious. "Yuki follow me."

 The two of them left. I was stupefied.

"Why did Yuki confess?"

"I overheard your conversation with the principle and when he said you were fired, I went in search for Yuki and convinced him to confess."

 I subconsciously smiled, feeling a welcoming warmth inside me. Aki blushed at my reaction. I too was surprised at it, but I laughed.

I chuckled, "What would have happened to me if it weren't for you?"

"Maybe you would have started your dream band." she joked.

I patted her head and then straightened her hair back.

"Thank you." I smiled and whispered close to her ear.

Aki blushed once again and I laughed at her cuteness.

In the end, Yuki ended up only being suspended because he had confessed to everything at his own will. After three days, he was back at school, despising me.