Part 1 Chapter 4

"Calida, Arrow, the archers are in sight," a voice came from behind the door. Arrow let Calida go.

"Thank you, Alena. You and Cahya come on in," Arrow instructed. The young woman, Alena, and the young man, Cahya, returned their crossbows to their proper slot on the wall.

"Alena and Cahya, Jai is washing up. Spend some time with him. Help him mingle and get to know the Flamethrowers." They nodded and sat on the rug. The other Flamethrowers began to line up their game outside before standing directly in front of it.

"I'll do the headcount and check the game," Calida went outside.

Jai came out of the bathroom and looked around. Arrow was looking outside the door.

"Jai, come sit with us," Cahya motioned for him. Jai walked over and sat on the rug with them. "I'm Cahya. This is Alena. Did my sister teach you the Flamethrower knock?"

"Your sister?"

"Yeah, Calida," Cahya replied. Now that he said something, he could see the resemblance. The siblings had similar light brown skin tones, small noses, and almond-shaped honey-colored eyes. He turned to Alena and was stunned by her beauty. Her skin was smooth and golden brown, and her eyes were a pretty light brown. Her lips were full, and she had a dimple on her left cheek when she smiled, perfectly complimenting her heart-shaped face.

"No, what's the knock?"

"The normal knock is like a heartbeat. One two... one-two.. one-two. An emergency is the same beat but faster, one-two, one-two, one-two. A crisis is a code, 'Did you know that only a legend can have golden eyes?'" Alena explained to him.

"Come to think of it, Arrow did do that heartbeat knock when we were outside," Jai reflected. Everyone started coming inside and returning their bows and arrows to the wall. Then some went to the bathroom, others went to the sleeping room, while the rest sat down socializing.

"Arin, come here," Alena called. Arin sat beside Alena, looking like her clone. It became evident that they were twins.

"I'm Jai. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," Arin smiled at him with her dimpled right cheek.

"Everyone, hear me!" Calida began to speak, "We all have recognized the legend has graced us with his presence. For that, we are thankful. It is time to fulfill our oath to help, serve, and protect him. Jai is learning his role, and we are learning how to best fulfill our roles. We will treat one another with respect. Your brother's honor, your sister's honor, is your own! I know everyone is fired up with anticipation of our next steps. Arrow will explain those details." She motioned for Arrow to come and speak.

"Alright, Calida and I have chosen a team to escort Jai to Pyroc for training. This team will be led by Calida and include Cahya, Alena, Arin, and myself. Dysis, your post will be to secure all messages from the cabin to Cahya in Pyroc. Suvan, you will hold my post until I return and channel all messages to Dysis. Everyone else will complete their usual duties under the guidance of Kiran and Yuuna. If there are any questions, meet me in the hut before sunrise in the morning," Arrow clapped his hands and started to leave. Calida had a few words with him, to which he smiled.

"Hey, I want you to feel at home, but I'll be at the hut if you need anything. See ya," Arrow smiled and left.

"Hello Jai, I'm Dysis," a short, petite young woman said, walking towards the group. Her skin was rich and deep brown with warm undertones, and her eyes were a striking hazel.

"Dysis, let's look over this route real quick! Hey Jai, I'm Suvan," the young man, Suvan, called for Dysis and waved at Jai with a twinkle in his honey-colored eyes.