Part 3 Chapter 10

Tiber felt like she was going to pass out. Cove watched her antics, smirking. "I can always send you back if you aren't brave enough."

'"It's not funny, Cove. I almost killed her the last time. I planned on spending the rest of my life avoiding Windmasters altogether. I don't want her to see me and kill me!"

"Calm down. You don't even look the same, remember? It will be okay. Don't forget that I'm here and friends with Kavi. Everything will be okay."

A loud squawk was heard in a secluded spot in the jungle, where the river's pace was rapid. Tiber took several deep breaths as she was a winged creature causing a massive shadow in the clear skies. The flaps were inaudible, but nonetheless, it was drawing closer. Tiber couldn't see a rider. She gently patted Mika's sleek, black head. She was as antsy as her master.

As the owl landed, Cove went to greet the riders. "Aqila, thank you for honoring my request."

Tiber's heart dropped at the raspy-sounding voice, "Of course, Cove. I wouldn't neglect my duty. My long-time friend accompanied me. Meet Boaz. Bo, this is Cove.

A Landkeeper suddenly dismounted the owl, "Nice to meet you." He extended a hand to Cove, and the pair shook hands.

"You're a strong man, Boaz."

"Thank you, likewise."

Aqila approached Tiber, who wanted to faint. Their eyes met. Aqila's eyes looked like liquid silver as they bore through Tiber's navy orbs. "You must have had a serious ordeal. I'm Aqila the Seer. What's your name?"

"Talia, my name is Talia."

"Well, Talia, why don't you tell me what happened?" Aqila sat with her legs folded, her hands gently resting on her knees.

"Go ahead," Cove urged Tiber.

She looked to Cove, who was smiling at her, then to Boaz, leaning on Aqila's owl. Tiber took a deep breath, "My tribe thinks I murdered my father. I got in trouble with one of my tribe brothers, and we had to account. The tribe brother lied, pinning the guilt on me. I was preparing for punishment when I sought out my father to tell him the truth. When I got to his tent, he had a stab wound. He said a few words to me before he died. The tribe brother who lied on me saw me at my father's side and accused me of murder. The tribe rallied at the call and chased me. I fled for my life and Mika's. One of my tribe sisters believed me, and she's been trying to prove my innocence. But, now there's been another murder, this time of an elder. The brother who lied is now taking over my tribe."

Aqila immediately stood to her feet and slowly walked toward Tiber. "I'm sorry for what you are suffering. However, when you inflict pain on others, it is bound to return upon you."

Tiber's breath hitched as Aqila came closer, towering over her. "Aqila, please."

"Hoping you would never see me again, Tiber?"

Cove immediately flung a water whip in Aqila's direction. She smirked and deoxygenated the water whip, "Aqila, stop. We need help!"

"Cove, relax," Aqila stepped away from Tiber. "I knew something was suspicious when you asked for my audience. I knew she was Tiber when I put my eyes on her. Knowing you lied and she nearly killed me, I could have killed both of you without even touching down to land. That is if I had wanted to. Were you expecting Kavi, Cove? You know he would have been furious that you lied to me. One of the reasons I'm glad he was too busy to make the trip. We wouldn't want to sever alliances, would we?"

"How did you know it was me?"

"You've gone through the changing, but a person's ear keeps its same unique shape. It just grows in size as a person matures. You also slipped up, referring to the cat as Mika. You were also insanely vague in describing your troubling experience."