Part 1 Chapter 10

Jai went to the washroom before going back to Arrow's room. He washed his face and his hair too. About twenty minutes later, with damp hair, he entered the room. The Flamethrowers were sitting in the room with a space left for him between Arrow and Cahya.

"You're back," Alena exclaimed.

Cahya wiggled his eyebrows, "I know you had a good time with the Windmaster. I heard Aqila is quite easy on the eyes."

"Cahya," Calida groaned and rolled her eyes.

"We were waiting for you to come back so we could all eat together, Jai," Arin explained.

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long," Jai replied, looking outside the massive window. It was late afternoon, and the sun would be beginning to set soon.

"No, we were just talking about the next steps," Calida continued.

"I want to know about Aqila," Cahya demanded.

"Chill out! She's engaged now and not to you," Arrow rolled his eyes.

"She's engaged? She didn't mention that" Jai was puzzled.

"Of course, that's what the hairpin is for. It's an engagement gift, and that's why Sheraga had me send her congratulations from our family," Arrow explained.

"Who's the lucky man?" Cahya asked. He was clearly interested in Aqila's personal life.

"All you need to know is that he's very tall and astute," Arrow retorted to Cahya.

"How was your training, Jai," Arin asked.

"Like everyone said, intense. I thought my arms were going to fall off. This guy takes no breaks! I had to do seven sets of fire kicks with alternating punches to get to the number he wanted. When I finally finished, I thought I would fall to my knees. Then Sheraga was like, 'let's spar'. However, Aqila came and saved the day."

Arrow laughed, "I told you, my brother has no chill regarding anything war-related. You should have seen him. The second Aqila started talking, Jai went ahead and sat down. I almost felt bad for you... almost. Rather you than me."

"So, on a serious note, what are we going to do about Agnes? Arrow told me what Aqila said as well as how Sheraga responded. Suvan sent a note yesterday basically confirming Aqila's information. She's right. Somehow Agnes knows about you," Calida explained. Her tone commanded everyone's attention.

"I want to know what he wants so bad that he's willing to go to war to get it," Jai answered.

"Shouldn't you finish your training first?" Alena questioned. Apparent concern was evident in her voice.

"Yeah, they aren't you supposed to find your team... or your team is supposed to find you or something," Cahya added.

"No, we have to listen to Jai. He's the Legend, not us," Arrow reminded them.

"Jai, Agnes has influence and basically an entire state within his control. Confronting him while you don't have good control over your gift doesn't seem sound," Calida echoed everyone's concern.

"I know, and I promise I will do my part. I'm so glad that I met Aqila. She gave me the boost I needed by telling me a little about the previous Legends. I feel better about using my gift now. I will continue training but don't want a war to come to Pyroc because I'm here. The Firehearts have gone through enough war as it is," Jai asserted. The rest of the Flamethrowers looked at each other and then back to Jai, then nodded in agreement.

Baara slowly entered with a large tray of food, "Thank you, Baara," Arrow acknowledged her. Everyone nodded and murmured their thanks. As Baara left, the group began to eat. Cahya kept looking towards the window, "I'm going outside for a minute," he spoke absent-mindedly.