Part 2 Chapter 6

Boaz looked down and gulped. He was flying at a ridiculous speed, high in the air, getting smacked in the face continuously by lengthy waves of gunmetal color locks. He had left Kashmala about an hour ago and was almost to Kindle with the assistance of wild-haired Hova. She was very friendly and completely spontaneous. It took forever for her to make up her mind about which bird she was going to choose for the journey. She went back and forth between the needletail and the falcon. Saar kept insisting that she use the falcon. Still, she seemed more interested in comparing the speeds between the two so she could document it. She even, at one point, suggested that we take both, each riding separately. Ultimately, thanks to Saar's insistence, she chose the falcon.

Boaz could not wait to get off of the winged creature. Hova, on the other, seemed to be enjoying herself. She took her deep brown hands off the reins letting the wind flow between her fingers. "Don't kill me; I can't afford to die right now," Boaz groaned.

"Oh, I forgot you were scared," Hova replied, quickly grabbing the reins.

He frowned at her remarks, "I'm not scared, just uneasy about flying near the sun with someone who takes her hands off the reins," he grumbled.

"Yeah, yeah, just another way of saying scared," Hova giggled. She looked back with a purely mischievous twinkle in her slate-gray eyes. He was glad that he had gone to Kashmala. Kavi seemed to take the news about Aqila's disappearance seriously, and the Universe was definitely with him. He argued with the Wind Guardian, who happened to be Kavi's brother. And to top it off, Kavi was the mystery man Aqila's engaged to. Everything was working out. He felt confident that if anyone could find Aqila, Kavi could.

"You doing okay back there," Hova asked.

"Yeah, I guess," Boaz groaned.

"Hey, I don't know everything that's going on, but your friends are truly blessed to have you. You're determined to make sure things go right on their behalf. My favorite girl is going as fast as she can, and we should reach Kindle by nightfall tops," Hova reassured.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it. Will you be staying?"

"Me, of course not," she scoffed, "I plan on getting back ASAP to convince Saar to give me all the details about what's going on. I'm his best friend, and he has to fill me in," Hova was convinced that Saar would fill her in.

"Yeah, I hope that goes well," Boaz rolled his eyes.

"Wait, what's that supposed to mean," Hova frowned at the thought of being left out.

"Nothing, so how long have you known Saar," he decided to change the subject.

"My whole life. In Kashmala, we start going to school at four. Saar, Aqila, she's an apprentice seer, and I started school together. Our primary school is from ages four to seven. Secondary school is from seven to ten, and we prepare for specialty schools in whatever our interests are. We started our first classes together. That first year was so fun. Saar and I sat beside each other during class. Aqila sat beside Kavi. They're both left-handed, so they always shared a desk. And that was the beginning for them," she giggled, "they really grew to like each other."

"That first day was so exhilarating. Aqila could have these mini visions about things that would happen the next day. That was always fun until things got out of hand, and students wanted her to always have visions for them. Only Kavi could get them to back off and give her some space. Well, anyway, after our first year. Aqila skipped the second year and went to the third. Saar and I went to my second year. I can't remember ever having a class where we didn't share a desk... or he didn't fall asleep and was scurrying to pass at the end of the year."