Part 3 Chapter 10 ~ continued

"Tiber, Cove is awake and on his way," Kano returned. "And Aqila, Boaz is asking for you." As Kano exited, Aqila dashed out of the tent at the speed of light. Tiber smiled. Who would have ever thought that a Windmaster and a Landkeeper could be such good friends? Moments passed, and Cove entered the tent, rubbing the back of his head.

"What happened," Tiber hurried to his side.

"I got knocked out. That's the short version."

"Who was tailing Aqila?"

"Don't know, whoever it was, they were so nimble. I think it was a Windmaster. A huge blast of wind knocked me back, and I hit my head on a tree trunk. Are you okay? How are things between you and Aqila?"

"We're over the past and are going forward. You were right about having information of interest to her. She seems really interested in Neptune. She thinks it was a poison that killed Elder Akay, the same stuff I used on her. Aqila even said that it was used on the Golden Eyed Legend."

"We must get more information from Sita and Chelan at the summer festival."

"My thoughts exactly," Aqila returned with Boaz. "But you're going to have to be careful. Tiber's tribe is still looking for her and could seize her at the festival if you're not careful."

"She's going with me, so she'll be safe," Cove brushed off Aqila's warning.

"I'm serious, Cove. You don't even have half of it. The last time a leader brushed me off, they wished they hadn't. Nahal is willing to go to extremes to silence Tiber, so it is safe to assume that Neptune is as well. Neptune has a powerful ally in Agnes. Agnes, who wants to kill all of the Legends!"

"That's Agnes' motivation? Then what is Neptune after," Cove asked.

"That's what I'm trying to find out. Something is linking them together. If this keeps up, all of the nations are going to be swept up in this chaos. Just be careful, okay. If I have any insights pertaining to this. I'll reach out. Boaz, are you ready?"

"Yeah, let's go. It was a pleasure to meet you, Cove and Tiber." The Landkeeper and Windmaster left the tent and hurried to Talon. They flew up over the Jungle tribe, taking in the breathtakingly lush views.

"Who was that man, Aqila? He was so strong, I mean, was he a part of the WindGuard?"

"No, he wasn't. I don't know who he really is or what he wants. All I know is that he wasn't trying to hurt me. He actually kept asking me to let him off."

"I mean, you are a powerful Windmaster...."

"No, he could have hurt me if he wanted to. He was stronger than me, and his fighting techniques were more advanced than mine. I have to consistently evade and use my smaller frame to outmaneuver him. We ended in a stalemate because he stopped the fight."

"Okay, you definitely need to talk to Kavi about this," Boaz exclaimed.

"I know, and I will. Bo, have you seen Waterbearers in Theyra?"

"No, why?"

"Because Neptune is sending Waterbearers to Theyra to pick up vials of that paralyzing poison. Tiber told me about it. I don't know why I didn't think about it before. I was in Theyra when I got poisoned. I can't believe that I overlooked that fact. Maybe Neptune is supporting one side of the war or something."

"It's possible. Aqila, I need you to drop me off at the Theyra Ember border, and I need to go home."

"Do you know something?"

"I've gotta stop this war. If it doesn't stop, we will never slow Neptune down. If we can slow Neptune down, that will leave Agnes vulnerable."

"Boaz, how do you plan to stop a war that has been going on for several years?"