Part 3 Chapter 13 ~ continued

Tiber laid on Mika's back and looked up at the stars. She was thankful. Chelan, Sita, and Rilian all were still supporting her. Her worst fears never manifested themselves. For that, she was grateful. She reflected on Aqila's words. Tiber laughed to herself when she remembered how she used to hate hearing Aqila talk. Now, she values every word that falls from her lips. She reflected on her father. It was all starting to make sense. He asked her to save the tribe because he knew that she could. He was worried about the attack because she was a Legend. He tried to keep Neptune from his tribe to protect her, even though they shared similar values. He truly did his best for her and Shasa. Tiber felt peace. She had nearly forgotten what that felt like. For a long time, she was looking for her purpose in life. She finally found her place with an unquenchable thirst for change and adventure. Her heart longed for her father. She just wanted to tell him that she understood now, had his back, and would preserve his legacy. Everything would be alright.

The warm heat from the sun began to sting Tiber's eyelids. She couldn't recall falling asleep. When she opened her eyes fully, she saw Aqila sprinkling sand over her.

"Stop it. You're gonna get sand in my eyes," Tiber picked up a fist full of sand and tossed it at her.

The Windmaster used a gentle wind wisp to deflect the half-hearted attack, "I was only trying to wake you up," she chuckled. "Let's go. Chelan and Sita had Nahal in that nice block of forever ice you confined him to. We need to meet up so I can set the record straight."

Tiber looked around, "What about Cove?"

"What about him? He had to go back to his tribe. He felt the need to settle them after the Neptune attack. Come on," Aqila mounted her dasher and flew off. Tiber took a little time to wash up before riding Mika into Jungle tribe territory. Her beautiful panther fit perfectly with the jungle scene. Tiber wondered if the Tribe of Snow and Ice could ever truly be home to her again. What was her purpose as a Legend? She surely could not stay in her tribe the whole time. Neptune knows about her. Would staying in her tribe bring danger to her people? Sadness began to fill her heart. Would she ever be able to call anyplace home?

She rode by the Jungle tribe. Instinctively she called for Mika to stop. Tiber's navy blue eyes took in the scene. The river, the vines, and the thick, lush canopy of the trees sang to her. Looking up to the sky, a part of her did not want to leave. She could see the women washing by the river and hear the squeals of the young children playing. She would miss this tribe. She saw Cove walk through the hub on the way back to his tent. Tiber caught herself wanting to call out to him. But she did not. The Universe knew what was meant to be. The truth was that she was a danger to all of the Waterbearer tribes. How could she put his tribe in danger when he had given her so much? She sighed, "I'm sorry, Cove. We won't be seeing each other again. I hope you find eternal peace and happiness. The Universe knows I will never forget you. I can't change what I'm destined to be, but I would never jeopardize everything you've built and maintained. I knew that last night was goodbye. I'm sorry I wasn't brave enough to say it to your face." With a heavy heart, she told Mika to continue. Tears streamed down her face. She said, "Great love requires great sacrifice."

It took her nearly an hour to meet Aqila, Chelan, and Sita. "Are you ready to go," Aqila asked.

"Yes, I'm ready," Tiber replied.

Sita ran to her, "I'm so glad to have you back. Things can go back to normal now."

Chelan laughed, "Thank the spirits! I won't have to make tea and salves all day. I can get back to whipping these soldiers in shape."

They carefully proceeded up the mountain. Talon carried Nahal the ice block in his talons up the mountain. When Aqila landed, followed by Sita and Chelan, a great commotion was heard in the tribe.