Part 2 Chapter 10

"I'll pick Talon up tomorrow afternoon," Kavi related to Aqila.

"Thanks, but if you're busy, I don't mind going to get him," Aqila replied, trying to be considerate of Kavi's work.

"My mind is already made, love. Your future husband will have everything taken care of," Kavi smiled. "Where do you want me to take you? Would you rather get some rest for a while or go home to Zeroun?"

"I feel like I need to go home. I owe Zeroun my honesty and an apology before I do anything else. I won't have peace until I do," Aqila replied.

"Alright, I'll take you home. I'm proud of you. This was the best choice," Kavi sighed as the pair continued through the sky. The mountains of Kashmala were in sight. The tall, nearly impenetrable mountain chain is capped with clouds. It was a beautiful day. Sterling flew past the state's peaks to the far east of Kashmala's mountains. The Great Gray flapped with tremendous power as it pursued the highest peak of the eastern mountains. Sterling hovered over the peak, low enough for Aqila to quickly jump down.

"Thank you for everything, Kavi," Aqila lovingly gazed at him.

"Anytime, love. I'll send Talon on his way once I pick him up. Now, take it easy, okay and at some point, try to rest," he reached out and gently stroked her hair. "I love you."

"I love you too," she whispered.

Kavi leaned in close to Aqila and gazed deeply into her silver eyes, "Next time, at least let me know when you're leaving like you normally do," he whispered.

"I will," Aqila reached out and gently touched his face.

"Alright, I'm off," he patted Sterling on the neck, and she began to lift higher into the sky. Aqila watched until Kavi and Sterling were out of sight, flying into the depths of the clouds. She sighed. It had been a while since she had spent time with Kavi. She was beginning to miss him already. She turned to the house on the mountain. The house was made with medium-sized off-white stones. The roof was made with slabs of bluish-gray slate complimenting the light blue door. Some delicate plants and shrubbery surrounded the house. The size was not large or too small, a family of four could quickly call this home, and for two seers, it was perfect. Aqila walked forward, steeling her nerves, ready to account for her actions.

The moment she was about to knock, the door opened. Before, she was a seven-foot-tall man with dark gray eyes and white curly hair. His deep golden brown skin appeared to be in his late sixties, but Aqila knew he was already three hundred years old.

"You've returned, my esteemed pupil," he smiled at her with gentle eyes.

"Yes, I apologize for leaving without conferring with you first. I know that I should not have done that," Aqila looked Zeroun in the eyes.

"Young master, follow me now. You're actually right on time," Zeroun stepped outside, closing the blue door behind him. Aqila obeyed her mentor and followed him closer to the mountain's edge. He sat down with his legs folded, and Aqila swiftly followed her mentor's lead.

He sighed, "The fresh air is sublime. Now, what was it that you were trying to say?"

Aqila smiled gently, "I was apologizing for leaving the way I did. I had a disturbing vision and wanted to try and clear my head from it. My journey ended up being bittersweet. I met the Fireheart Legend, and we spent some time together. However, I also was captured by a Snow Tribe girl... and almost lost my life. I was paralyzed, and the only thing I could think of was that if I died, I would have wasted your time. I was frustrated with myself, and I still am."

"What was this vision about that brought such unusual character out of you," he reached for her hands, "Why don't we look together."

Aqila pulled her hand back, and her heart almost stopped. She did not want her mentor to see what she had seen, "I'm sorry. I'm too embarrassed to show you," she hung her head down.

"Why? Because I die?"

Aqila's breath got caught in her throat, afraid of how much her mentor knew. Then Zeroun started laughing, "It's not funny! I-I," Aqila started.

"I already know what you saw and what it means," Zeroun said, catching his breath.

"You already knew about it," Aqila turned away, embarrassed.

"Aqila, my time has come. You shouldn't be afraid of that. My time has come, and so has yours. This moment, right here, is going to transform your life, and this is the moment you become a full seer," Zeroun explained.

"Really?"

"Yes, like in our studies, there can only be one seer. You have had limited vision, but this changes today. The moment you were born was the last time I could see into the future. And Heavens, I laid asleep for hours with the sight. I knew you had been born at that moment. The Universe showed me what you looked like, the sound of your voice, and little glimpses into your life. As you got older, your sight for the future strengthened, and mines weakened. So much so that now I can only see the future through direct physical contact with you. A full seer must be able to see the past and the future. You could never see the past because I had that sight. I stopped seeing the future because you gained the sight. Therefore, the only way for you to become full is if I die and pass the sight of the past to you."

Aqila's eyes watered, "That's the only way? But I still need you. Why do you have to leave me," she sobbed. Zeroun lovingly wiped her eyes dry.

"Think of this, if everyone at the beginning of time were still alive, we would have never lived. Now, I could have dragged this out, like most have done. It is not a thirty and fifty-year-long process to become a seer. A terrible teacher could have a pupil ready in twenty years. It took so long because the past seers were afraid of this moment. They didn't want to die. But that keeps the student from living their life. You want to meet your parents, get married, and fulfill your potential. I don't want to keep you from that. I have to pass the torch to you."

"What happens when I need you?"

"That's why you need the sight of the past, to reflect on everything I have taught you. You can go as far back in time as your mind's eye is strong enough to travel. Trust me, you will have more information and lessons embedded into your brain than you will ever need to know. Twenty years ago, the Universe revealed how unique you would be. You had to go through that ordeal in Avala to glimpse your true potential. The vision of the circle divided into four equal parts, which is a Legend vision. To tell you the identity of the Legends."

Aqila's eyes went wide, "But, the one with the Windmaster's stopped at you! How is that possible?"

"It stopped at me because I am still the seer. It was a hint that the Windmaster legend is you. It has always been you. The Universe showed me twenty years ago. You came into power because of your ordeal. I have been blessed to have lived in the lifetimes of two Legends. I must say, you were everything Basir prayed for you to be. This is why I must go. The Fireheart has awakened. He needs you. The world needs you. My life's purpose was to prepare you to face your destiny."