Part 4: Green Eyed Keeper

Blessed Universe,

No one thinks of the end when they are only beginning. No one. This doesn't even feel real. I'm a Legend. I never imagined that it could end this way. What was it all worth? What will my people remember? Will I be worth remembering?

For the first time, I admit, I'm afraid. I don't want to go. But somehow, these are my stars. Great Universe, may my successor be stronger than me. Give my successor great endurance to overcome trials. Allow my successor to see the beauty in the differences of the Earth Element. If it is Earth, it should have a home in Theyra regardless. The Landkeepers failed to understand that I was the first of many. I failed to understand why. Maybe because I was afraid of what I would find.

Basir, I'm so sorry. I turned my back on you when you needed me most. Forgive me, Basir! Forgive me, you were my only friend. Everything that made us different made our friendship more meaningful. We weathered many storms together, from the outside. But the storms within us that we tried to pretend did not exist, they came and divided us. My heart wasn't in those terrible things I said. You are an incredible leader and you will teach your people great things. If my life had any purpose, I hope it taught you patience. Of all of your strengths: wisdom, bravery, negotiation, you were always so impatient. Hmm... that's what you had me for. Basir, patience teaches forgiveness, so despair not, I forgive you. Please forgive me. I miss you already. But despair not, our friendship was nothing short of destiny. It was ordained by the Universe. When you look at those mountains, remember me. I believe that our friendship will be sustained through several lifetimes and they'll be better than us. May the stars whisper when you sleep. I get it now! This is not the end, only the beginning.

- Ila