Part 2 Chapter 2

Aqila's eyes began to flutter open. However, her vision was hazy. All of her limbs either felt heavy or numb. There was a searing pain in her head. Her blood felt like it had been set on fire, and she was sweating profusely. She tried to move her body to no avail. There was a pulsing pain in the left side of her neck. Try to remember. Try to remember. She kept thinking to herself. She recalled having a vision, a death vision, to be specific. It was about Jai and Arrow. There was a fork in the vision, meaning one small change in decisions could affect the entire outcome of the scenario. She was attacked before she could probe further into who would make the pivotal decision and what it was about. All Aqila knew was that Jai was possibly in grave danger. She had to get her body to work. Think, what have I been injected with? She thought to herself.

Aqila pretty much knew that her attacker probably did not want her dead. She also knew that this foreign substance was not intended to be poisonous, and she would have already been dead if this was made as a poison. This substance was so strong, almost as if it wasn't developed to be used on humans. She took a deep breath and could actually feel her lips. Aqila pondered. Her whole body has been numbed, and now she can feel her lips?

Oxygen! She focused on breathing so much that her body was involuntarily producing extra oxygen for her respiratory system. The increase of oxygen nullifies the foreign substance.

The good news is my body is fighting. The problem is I don't know how long I've been out. It could be days or weeks before I can naturally override this substance. I know Jai and Arrow don't have that long. The intensity of the vision means that the future is near. What I saw could happen later today or tomorrow. What can I do? I have to try to get the antidote. My attacker would have to have the antidote. Wouldn't they? The more she thought to herself, the more her mind became clear. The negative, it was draining her to even think like this. She took a deep breath. If I can clear my mind, I can command my body to increase my oxygen count as if I were in battle. The increase would make me physically stronger. I'm alone right now. I may not make it out of here in time to help Jai and Arrow, but if I can get my vocal cords free, I'll be able to talk. If I can speak, I'll be able to get information and send it as well. I just hope he'll hear me. Aqila's mind was clicking and getting in sync. She was forming a plan.

The girl adjusted her midnight blue fur cape over her shoulders. She looked back at the Windmaster lying motionless and patted her snow leopard's head as it purred. "Mika, I hope she's not dead back there. Maybe I shouldn't have given her the whole syringe full of that stuff. I don't know. Mika girl, take it easy as we go up the snowy mountains. The girl's tall, so take it easy with the extra weight." Mika carefully pawed upward towards the top of a snow-capped mountain. They had been traveling for nearly three hours and had almost reached their destination.

The big cat effortlessly pulled her rider and the captive Windmaster towards an icy mountain entrance. "Mika stops here," the leopard immediately stopped in its tracks. The blue-eyed young woman checked Aqila to ensure she was still appropriately fastened. She looked at the warm brown face of the girl, "Hope you wake up soon. You're no good to us sleeping." She looked up to see that it was beginning to snow. She went inside the mountain entrance, leaving Mika and Aqila outside.

"I'm back," she called. A young man around her age appeared. His eyes were round and cerulean. His mahogany-hued skin looked cool and intensified the sharpness in his eyes. This mountain cave had the pelt of a yak spread across the floor. The walls were icy, and there were heaps of snow everywhere. The young man's tall, lean frame walked over, standing at least a foot over the girl. He peered into her eyes before asking, "Did you bring him?" He asked, tapping his foot impatiently in his mink fur boots that stopped right underneath his knees, swallowing the bottom of his caribou skin pants. His parka was also mink fur. One could partially see his navy-dyed caribou skin shirt between the parka.