Part 2 Chapter 8

Aqila woke up from sleeping. Her vision was slightly hazy from sleep. Just as she expected, Tiber had fallen asleep near the ice cave entrance. Nahal and Mika were still fast asleep, having never moved from last night. Aqila's hands had been free since earlier yesterday. She cautiously untied her ankles. Her body felt awkward with every movement. Whatever that drug was has left me somewhat stiff. She thought to herself. With extreme caution, she crawled to the cave entrance, completely silent. Aqila felt a tearing sensation in her muscles in her arms and legs. The pain was excruciating. It took all of her discipline to not holler in pain. She could hear the gentle sounds of Tiber's breathing as she fought to crawl past her.

Taking more effort than she expected, Aqila's hands and knees came into contact with the snow. The cold, fluffy snow completely covered the ground, and when she looked up, all she could see was a white blur. Escaping would be more complicated than Aqila had imagined, but she was determined to give her best effort. The pain was pulsing through her body, making her feel weak. Why now, of all times? She scolded herself. Suddenly, she felt the wind being knocked out of her. Aqila collapsed into the snow face first and groaned in pain and exhaustion. She turned over, meeting those cold blue eyes of Nahal. He grabbed her by the throat, "Where did you think you were going, huh?"

Aqila mustered the strength to lock his wrist, forcing him to let her go. She coughed as she inhaled heavily after dropping into the snow. She kicked Nahal in the shin. He kicked her in the rib cage, causing Aqila to scream in pain. Nahal began to drag her back to the cave. Aqila tried to do a wind kick. Her foot connected with his abdomen, but no wind followed. Fear drove its way into Aqila's heart as she realized she could not harness the power of her element.

"Nahal, what are you doing," Tiber stormed out of the cave and tried to pull him away from Aqila.

With one shove Nahal pushed childlike Tiber backward into the cave, her back slamming into the icy wall. She groaned in pain. "Traitor, you untied her!" Nahal struggled with Aqila. Her sheer height and intense leg power were proving difficult for Nahal to handle, even without her wind abilities. Tired of fighting with the Windmaster, who had kicked his shins until they were bleeding, he doused her with water until she could barely breathe. Water quickly flowed from his fingers to cocoon Aqila in multiple sheets of ice. Once frozen, he left her outside. Pure fury gleamed in his eyes as he turned towards Tiber.

"Nahal, stop! I didn't untie her, and I don't know how that happened. Are you sure you tied a knot," Tiber questioned. Her heart was racing, and she was trembling, afraid of Nahal's evident anger.

"What do you think! Of course, I tied it! Maybe that's why you couldn't get any information. You were going to free her, and I can't believe I fell for your lies," his cerulean eyes were hungry with hatred.

"I did not free her, honest. Stop being so paranoid. We're on the same side, remember? I'm staying with Neptune until my sister's life is safe, and I mean it. Now back off," Tiber pushed Nahal away from her.

"I don't trust you-" Nahal growled.

"Nahal, lo-" Tiber started.

"Don't cut me off! I don't trust how you've been handling her. Then you fall asleep on your post, not once but twice. When I woke up, you were asleep again, after you told me we would alternate," he yelled.

"Yes, I tried to wake you up after a few hours, but you didn't! So, I tried to stay awake, but I had a three-hour journey, and you didn't. Besides," she stopped.

"Besides, what?"

"She's getting away," Tiber pointed.

Nahal rolled his eyes, "That's crap. I froze her." He slowly turned, following Tiber's finger. To his disbelief, the Windmaster was hobbling away.