Part 3 Chapter 1 ~ continued

Everyone fell silent, and Tiber's eyes widened.

Chief Dalit stood looking from Tiber to Nahal. He placed his hand across Mika's pelt before speaking, "Elder Akay, you know the truth from a lie. Which of these young people spoke the truth, and who spoke a lie?"

An elderly woman slowly walked forward, her baby blue eyes blind and lackluster, "My good chief, Mahak's boy, spoke the truth, and your daughter gave us a lie." Everyone gasped.

"Tiber, my girl," he hung his head in disappointment, "Send her to the Cave of Shame."

"Father, don't-" that was all Tiber could say before all went black before her eyes.

Hours passed, and when Tiber woke up, it was no longer evening but nighttime in Avala. The back of her was throbbing. She reached back and felt the knot in the back of her head. She began to groan, and a small hand covered her mouth. When Tiber turned, she saw Sita covering her mouth.

"There's a guard outside. You don't want him to know that you're awake."

"Why is there a guard outside your medicine lair," Tiber whispered.

"They hit you too hard, and I insisted I look at the injury. Tiber, what is going on? Why did you lie?"

"Sita, I've gotten myself into some trouble. Yes, I lied, but Nahal did too. He was with me all the way. The Seer had been with us for a whole day before the incident. Nahal even went to try and retrieve an antidote. There is more to the story than what Nahal let on," Tiber frantically explained.

Sita lowered her head, "I know. I know he lied. I could tell."

Tiber's blue eyes went wide, "Sita, that would have to mean that-"

"Only when the moon is full, half, or new. That's why I have to be careful. Nahal mostly told the truth. He would tell a true statement and skip to another true statement, and that's how he was able to cover it. After you passed out, Elder Akay suggested that we question Nahal again so she could confirm his story. He conveniently passed out at that point. Muraco took him to his tent. Tiber, what will you do?"

"Sita, I made a mistake in capturing the Seer, and right now, she's the only one who can clear my name. I have to find her, and I will return once I do. Sita, this is something that I can only tell you. Over the past year, Nahal and I have been working for Neptune. Nahal will not stop serving him. I need you to help me. Something is going on, please, Sita," Tiber pleaded with her young friend for assistance.

"I will help you, but I have conditions: We meet near the border of the Jungle Tribe to keep me updated, and you will have to find a way to disassociate with Neptune. You are worried about what he will do to you. That should be a sign that something is wrong. I will get close to Nahal and try to get what I can, but I'm not going to help you get out of this if you plan to go back with Neptune. I know why you lied, but you have to stop. Obviously, people are going to get hurt. Technically the Windmasters could charge us with an act of war. If they do, they will obliterate us," Sita explained.

"I know. I will agree to your conditions. Don't send me to the Cave of Shame. Let me slip out, speak to my father, and escape. I will meet you every two weeks on the border."

"Alright, just be ready," Sita stood in the darkness and walked to the guard outside.

He turned to her, "Is everything alright, Sita?"

She sighed, "Actually, I don't feel well. It's been a stressful two weeks. All of the tribesmen's injuries. And now this with Tiber, I'm just feeling weak," Sita wobbled and collapsed to her knees.

"Sita!" the guard caught her, "Let me take you to your tent. You need some rest."

Tiber crept up and left the medicine lair. Mika, lying near the edge of the ice cliff, perked up as she noticed her master. Tiber hurried to her father's tent. Once inside, she called out to him. He staggered from his room, panting.