Prologue: Retaking of the Lemurian Star

----- January 8th, 2014 - Washington D.C -----

A black man can be seen jogging around Washington, D.C. When from behind him Steve Rogers quickly catches up to him and runs past him.

"On your left."

As the man continues to jog, Steve comes around again quickly after doing another lap.

"On your left."

"Uh-huh, on my left. Got it.."

He continues jogging.

A few moments later he hears the sound of footsteps once more. He glances back to see Steve coming around again from behind him for another lap.

"Don't say it! Don't you say it!"

"On your left!," Steve says with a grin.

"Come on!"

He gets angry and tries to catch up to him. Unfortunately, after only a few seconds he's unable to carry on and stops to rest.

A few more minutes go by as the man is resting, catching his breath sitting by a tree. Steve comes around the corner about to lap him again. But he stops and walks over to him.

"Need a medic?"

The man laughs, "I need a new set of lungs.. Dude, you just ran like 13 miles in 30 minutes."

"I guess I got a late start," Steve jokes.

"Oh, really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap," He hesitates for a moment before saying sarcastically, "Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it."

"What unit you with?"

"58, Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA," the man answers, finally breathing somewhat normally.

He lifts a hand to shake, "Sam Wilson."

Steve ends up pulling him up from the ground, "Steve Rogers."

"Yeah, I kind of put that together. Must have freaked you and Superman out coming home after the whole defrosting thing."

"It takes some getting used to. It's good to meet you, Sam," Steve turns to leave.

"...It's your bed, right?"

Steve stops and turns back, "What's that?"

"Your bed. It's too soft. When I was over there I'd sleep on the ground and use rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like..."

"Lying on a marshmallow. Feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor."

Sam smiles and nods his head as Steve asks, "How long?"

"Two tours," He crosses his arms as he asks, "You must miss the good old days, huh?"

"Well, things aren't so bad. Food's a lot better, we used to boil everything. No polio is good. Internet, so helpful. I've been reading that a lot trying to catch up."

Sam looks up to think and raises finger, "Marvin Gaye, 1972, "Trouble Man" soundtrack. Everything you've missed jammed into one album."

"I'll put it on the list," Steve replies with a smirk.

And true to his word, Steve pulls a small notebook and pen out and notes it down on his list. 

Which also includes: 

'I Love Lucy (Television)' 

'Moon Landing' 

'Berlin Wall (Up + Down)'