Colors - Terrormoo

Soulmate AU: your skin has a dark mark from where your Soulmate will touch you for the first time. You hide your face often because your mark is covering your eye and everyone knows you'll be punched to meet your soulmate

Brian sighed, tucking his hat down a little over his eye. Everyone had a soulmate mark, a large black stain on their skin that would shimmer into multiple shades of their soulmate's eye color when they touched for the first time.

Brian's best friends Evan and Jon had theirs colored in on their arms, having literally run into each other at work Jon's first day there. Tyler's mark on his fingertips was still black, which didn't bother him too much.

Brian's now, was directly over his left eye. And most people knew if they had a mark on their face like that they were more than likely going to be punched or hit the first time they meet their soulmate, which embarrassed Brian to no extent.

"Hey Brian!" Jon called from behind him and he turned, raising an eyebrow at his best friend. They worked together at the local bar, Jon as a waiter and Brian as a bartender. It was their night off and they along with Evan and Tyler had plans to go hang out and drink.

"Yes?" He asked and Jon skidded to a stop beside him, cheeks flushed with the exertion of catching up. "What time are we meeting up? And where? Evan wants to know," he gasped out, having trouble breathing.

"First off, how long did you run? And second, we're meeting at Tyler's place at 8," Brian said exasperated, grabbing Jon's jacket and pulling his inhaler out.

Jon grinned sheepishly and took two quick puffs before slipping it back into his pocket. "I've been following you for three blocks, you move fast for someone who doesn't get out much," he said cheerfully, sounding much better.

"Please don't tell me you ran for the whole three blocks," Brian sighed, turned and continuing to the café he'd been going to for brunch.

"Of course not! Only two," Jon said and Brian rolled his eyes, opening the door to the cafe and walking in. Jon skipped in after him, too cheerful for Brian's mood.

"Evan at work?" Brian asked as they waited in line. "Yep! How'd you know?" Jon asked curiously and Brian smirked. "Well you wouldn't be here bothering me otherwise," he teased and Jon stuck his tongue out.

"A caramel coffee and two sausage egg and cheese biscuits please. Jon, what do you want," Brian asked before quickly adding, "No coffee."

Jon pouted before ordering a hot chocolate and a couple breakfast burritos. Brian told the waitress his name, ignoring her look of shocked pity, and they stood off to the side waiting.

"So, any plans on picking someone up tonight? It's been too long since you got any," Jon asked cheerfully and Brian rolled his eyes. "Do you really think anyone wants to sleep with someone who has a black soulmate mark over their eye?" He asked sarcastically and Jon shrugged.

"Someone has to be desperate enough to sleep with you regardless," he said cheerfully and Brian rolled his eyes, making a face at him. "Cheers, Jon," he said dryly and Jon just shrugged. "Stating facts! Anyway, Evan and I will be your truly amazing wingmen and we'll get you laid tonight. You need it, you're way too grumpy these days," he said, bouncing in place as he eyed the waitress making his hot chocolate.

Brian rolled his eyes again, tugging his hat down again as he caught the glances of a couple with shimmering marks on their forearms. Their names were called and once they had their food and drinks, left.

"So what bar has Evan discovered that he wants to take us?" Brian asked, taking tentative sips of his coffee. "There's a new sports bar that opened up like a month ago, said he went there with work friends two weeks ago and it's not too bad. Decent prices, food was cooked properly and the music wasn't shit," he said, drinking happily from his cup with the foam coating his lip.