Malum - Dinner

A/N: Malum. Idk, I looked through my gallery and found any random thing that might sound okay lol. Hope you enjoy ^.^

~Banana

Michael
Calum Thomas Hood. My boyfriend of 6 months. And yet, no one except our other intermediate group, Luke, Ashton, Niall, Harry, Louis, Liam, and Zayn, knew.

Why?

I was terrified of my family finding out. Not about Calum, I was extremely proud of him and would love to show him off. But rather myself being gay in itself.

My grandmother raised my father and my aunt extremely religious like, which unfortunately made him slightly homophobic. Which meant there would be a minimum chance he would even be able to look at me let alone call me his son if they found out.

Tonight, I was having dinner with my family, Grandma and Grandpa coming to visit. Which meant my cousins, my aunt, my uncle, and my other uncle were also coming. All on my father's side. This would be fun.

I finished getting dressed, a button down black shirt with dress pants. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything with my galaxy hair, so I just tried to make it look semi decent and headed downstairs.

"There's my fine boy, come say hello to your grandpa!" my grandfather said happily, seeing me descend the stairs. He was cool, always hated it when Grandma talked bad about gay people. I knew he would accept me if I ever decided to come out.

I hugged him tightly, a smile on my face. "Hey Papa," I said happily and he nudged my shoulder. "How are your little friends? And Calum? I haven't seen him around in a while," he asked and my smile grew slightly more fond instinctively as I thought of my boyfriend.

"They're all good, Zayn and Perrie are going strong, Niall is still single, I think Ashton and Luke are dating someone each, but they're being extremely secretive. And Calum is also well, if you're still here tomorrow, I believe he'll by stopping by for a bit," I said.

Luke and Ashton were seeing someone. Each other in fact. Something that Louis and Harry, also a couple, found amazing. They loved gay people, and who could blame them? We were awesome. My homiesexuals.

Papa looked happy at the thought of seeing him and turned around as he heard one of my cousins call him. I shook my head and went into the kitchen where Mum was cooking, finishing the meal with Grandma.

"Ah. Michael. Still messing with your hair? You're going to go bald at this rate, and why must you ruin your image? You were made in the image of our Lord, and should be proud of it," Grandma said sternly once she saw me.

I smiled tightly and glanced at Mum. She gave me a sympathetic look, not liking her mother-in-law either. I was so tempted to say, if you knew everything I was hiding, my hair would be the last thing on your mind you would expect God to hate, but I knew what would happen. So I didn't bother trying.

"I know grandmother, it's addicting. I'll try to stop with the hair dye," I monotoned as if reading from a script but she didn't notice my lack of emotion. She nodded once and turned back to my mother.

She started criticising her cooking, making my mother smile irritably at her. I went behind grandma quietly, making faces behind her. Mum noticed and a genuine smile grew on her face, bringing grandma's attention to me.

"And what are you doing?" she asked me sternly and I shrugged, making it look as if I was grabbing a coke from the fridge. "Just grabbing a drink, grandmother," I said casually and Mum winked at me.

Grandmother shook her head. "Go entertain your cousins and tell your family dinner will be ready in 10 minutes," she said dismissively and I nodded, giving a mock salute a little rudely.