thirty-eight.

almost kisses and confessions

~~~~~

"You know, I'm beginning to think that I spend more time here than in my own apartment."

Elliot walked into the living room of Klaus' mansion with a cup of coffee in her hands, as expected, only to see the certain hybrid working on one of his many art pieces.

"It's not like my sister seems to mind." He responded without even bothering to turn around to face where she had come into the room. "Or me." He turned to her with a smirk on his face when said those words to her.

The brunette shook her head, "Smooth."

Klaus then turned back to his artwork, raising Elliot's curiosity as to what he was painting. She went to walk over to where he was standing in front of it; however, she only managed to take a few steps before she felt a whoosh of wind and pressure of her waist.

She soon realized that she had been pushed up against one of the walls of the room. Looking up, she saw that Klaus was towering over her as he looked down at her, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Afraid I can't let you see it yet, love."

Elliot's lips fell into a pout as she stared up at him. "Why not?"

Klaus raised his eyebrows at her, but before either of them could speak again, someone's voice broke them out of it.

"Well, this looks comfy."

Both Klaus and Elliot whipped their heads around to see that Rebekah had entered the room. Klaus cleared his throat and stepped back from Elliot, his hand still lingering on her waist, not that Elliot seemed to mind.

"What took you so long?"

Rebekah, or at least who the two thought was Rebekah Mikaelson, looked back and forth between the two of them, a plan forming in her head as she did so. "Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." Klaus tensed briefly before letting out a breath of relief when his sister held up the stake. "Do you want to do the honors or shall I?" She then asked.

Klaus left the position in which he had been standing next to Elliot and grabbed the stake from his sister. He then walked over to the fireplace and tossed the stakes into the flickering flamas, watching as they flared up at the contact of the stake.

"Well, that's that then."

"Pack your bags, we're leaving." Klaus then stated, making Elliot frown. She felt as if she shouldn't be here for such a conversation, especially seeing as she didn't want her friend to leave...or Klaus. But it wasn't like she was going to be speaking up about it.