C H A P T E R 6

WOUNDED

WOUNDED

𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 to the feeling of the sun hitting on my closed eyes. I opened them and the first thing I saw was JJ, shirtless, looking at me. I immediately pulled on my t-shirt so my stomach wouldn't be revealed anymore, which was dumb, thinking about it, since he had seen me in a swimsuit before.

"Watching girls sleep?" I sleepily asked.

"No, only girls that are not supposed to be there," he replied and I sat up.

"Sorry, I got kicked out of my house," I explained, getting up and walking to the bathroom. "I won't bother you very long though"

I heard him chuckle in my back and I grabbed my bag before locking the bathroom's door. I brushed my teeth, my hair, thanks to what I looked a little bit less ugly. I put my swimsuit on under my clothes and got out of the bathroom. The fresh air of the morning and the birds singing their little songs outside made me smile softly.

The opened front door gave me a view on JJ's muscular back, as he was waxing his surfboard on the terrace. Well, I wasn't complaining.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Kiara's at the Wreck and Pope and John B are helping Pope's parents for the deliveries"

"And you're being useless," I scoffed smiling and he shook his head, probably not used to being talked to like this.

"At least I didn't get kicked out," he responded.

I nodded and looked at him awkwardly, before slowly walking away, back home. I had no idea how my mom would welcome me, but hopefully she was a little bit less annoyed.

"Wait wait," JJ yelled at me so he made sure I would hear. "Sam?"

"Yes?" I turned around and he got up, holding his board.

"Wanna go surfing?"

⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂

JJ and I walked along to the beach, silently. His words just felt weird, as if I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact maybe he was sincere and wanted to spend some friendly time with me.

"So what? are you done hating me?" I asked, breaking the silence. He chuckled a little, shaking his head.

"I would've offered this to anyone, don't go feeling special or some shit," he breathed.

"Yeah, you're still JJ"

We walked on the hot sand, he took his shirt off and ran to the waves, as if he wanted to run away from me. Weird move, but I guess I couldn't expect from him too many efforts at one.

I followed him and surfed too, making sure I gave him enough space and didn't «steal his waves» cause I could already hear him yelling it at me.

It was actually the first time ever I was seeing him surfing, and I couldn't deny he was very good at it. His movements were slow, he was riding waves as if it was the only thing he had ever done right.