C H A P T E R 26

GOOD OLD DAYS

GOOD OLD DAYS

𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 and the first thing I noticed was the usual scent of alcohol was replaced by my father's cologne.

I entered the huge living-room of our Kook house, as JJ would call it, and saw them both sitting on the sofa, watching tv. As my eyes laid on them, I was stunned by the view of my parents, acting like a normal married couple.

My mother's head was resting on his shoulder and they smiled warmly as they saw me. I would have considered it a sight for sore eyes if I forgot for a second the whole background story. But I couldn't, so it wasn't, not at all.

"Sam, darling," my mother spoke.

"Hi princess," my father greeted me softly.

I ignored him and smiled at my mom, as she got up and pulled me in a hug. She reassured me with her contact and as she was ready to pull away, I hugged her tighter. "Are you okay?" she whispered in my ear, feeling I wasn't acting normal.

"Not really," I responded.

She sighed and kissed my head softly, pulling away from our hug. "I know, we need to talk"

I nodded and sat on a chair in front of them, as she sat back next to my father. They turned off the tv so we wouldn't be bothered by it's noise and I looked for the first time at my father, who was now playing with his rings anxiously.

"We wanted to talk to you Sam, because we know it's a lot but we have a few more things to tell you," my father said.

"What now? are you back together? are you going to move here with us?" I asked, rolling eyes, acting unbothered.

My parents sighed and I stayed quiet, actually a bit worried. "Not exactly. We miss our old life. Our Hawaiian life," he explained.

"What does that mean?" my voice started shaking as I asked this, because I knew where this would lead us to.

"We're going back. We're erasing the past and we're going to be a family again. It sounds nice doesn't it?" my mother said enthusiastically.

"What? no!" I shouted.

They looked at each other like they had just seen a ghost. At this exact moment, part of me tempted to believe they were joking, but my father's dark gaze brought me back to reality.

"Honey, we were sure you'd like the idea, you missed family times through those years, " my mother tried to convince me.

"I didn't miss family time because I had them! You were it mom! Whoever this man is doesn't matter!" I contradicted so firmly their eyes went wide.

"Sam, don't be so hard on us, your mother and I love you very much and we just want you to be as happy as you were in Hawaii," my father tempered and all I wanted to do was hit him until he couldn't breathe.