E P I L O G U E

POGUE STYLE

POGUE STYLE

𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐒 in the corridor and the bedroom's door all of sudden opened, my little baby running to me. "Mommy, mommy!" she yelled.

I looked at her and she hid behind me, as her father made his way in the bedroom right after her. He looked quite upset, and I laughed as she held onto my legs.

"Abby! stop running away!" JJ yelled at her and I immediately shh'ed him.

"The twins are asleep, and don't yell at her please," I instructed, picking Abigail up and placing her on my hip. "What did you do that made daddy so upset?"

"I broke auntie Kie's vase," she whispered in my ear as if she didn't want to make her father more mad at her and I laughed.

"It's okay my love, it was such an ugly vase," I reassured her and she giggled. JJ looked at me like I was a monster, which made me laugh as well. "What? you said it yourself!"

I put Abigail down and she waddled to her room, grabbing her favorite toy on her way. JJ slowly grabbed my waist and I looked at him, smiling.

"I bet twenty dollars she'll tell Kiara about how ugly her vase was next time we see her," he stated, as my arms made their way around his neck.

"Well, then maybe she'll stop offering us homemade vases every Christmas," I concluded, before escaping his arms and going to the twins cribs.

They looked so calm and peaceful when they were asleep. Gabriel opened an eye and I placed his pacifier in his little mouth, which apparently pleased him enough to sink back into deep sleep.

JJ and I quite didn't have the life we had planned, but it didn't make us any less happy. I wasn't a sea turtle veterinary, and he wasn't a surf instructor, as we had always dreamed of. I worked at the Wreck as a waitress, Kie's restaurant, since she had taken it over.

I loved working there and especially working with my best friend, but late night shifts were heartbreaking since my children were already asleep when I returned home.

JJ, him, was a marine mechanic and fixed Kooks yachts in a warehouse near our residence. It was much easier for him to take care of the babies since he had a schedule more flexible.

Being pregnant and having Abigail at 19 wasn't planned at all, but we handled the news pretty well. We were two sexually active young adults and we lacked care most of the time, so we knew it was meant to happen sooner or later.

JJ was not allowed in the room when I gave birth to our first daughter, but after two or three fights in the hallway, they eventually let him in, and he held my hand the whole time. He never let go of it, and gave me all his strength to help me going through this painful step of my life.

My parents and the Pogues were taken aback at first, but unconditionally loved her as fast as she was born. My father showed himself a better person and such a perfect grandfather for her, which was good since her other grand father ended up in a prison cell.