C H A P T E R 28

WORRIES

WORRIES

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒, JJ and I walked until his house, surrounded with the darkness of this hot August night, and we both fell asleep quickly enough. Spending time with him eased up my mind and my body, and he helped me thinking of better aspects of my life than my parents or my future.

The next morning was rough though. I knew our plane was in a few hours, later in the evening, and realising it would be the last morning I'd wake up wrapped in JJ's arms wounded me inside, very deeply.

Not to make this harsh feeling last, I  jumped out of bed, and tried to ignore my boyfriend's groans. "Babe, come back here," he sleepily muttered.

"I have to go," I whispered, before putting on my pair of jean shorts. "but I'll see you tonight"

I pressed a kiss on his head gently and he drifted off back in his sleep, as I snuck out by the window so his father wouldn't see me. I jogged to my house, not that I was excited to see my parents but I needed to finish packing.

As I arrived in our residential area, I noticed two ambulances parked next to my house. I ran closer and saw two men carrying a stretcher with a body on it. The body was covered with a white cloth so I couldn't see who was underneath, getting carried away. "Excuse me, wh-what happened?" I asked but no one paid attention to me.

I walked to the entrance of our house and saw my father, chatting with what seemed to be a policeman. "Dad, what the hell is happening, where is mom?" I questioned.

"She had a little accident but she's gonna be okay, they will take care of her," he tried to reassure me.

I felt a sharp pain in my heart, and I loudly gasped, covering my mouth with my hand.
My entire soul and body fell apart at my father's words and I ran to the ambulance but a doctor caught my arm. "Stay there miss," he said.

"Let me see her, it's my mom!" I curtly explained to her, but she shook her head and my father held my hand.

"Darling, you need to let her go," my father tempered like I was some hysterical child.

"I'm not letting her go she's my mother! She needs me, I can't leave her!" I cried out.

"Do you ever listen? they said you have to stay here!" he yelled louder.

Tears escaped from my eyes and I snapped my father's hand away. "What did you do to my mom? Did you hit her? Is it your fucking fault?" I screamed at his face and he shhed me like I was some hysteric girl.

He took me back in our house and locked the door behind us. We could still hear the ambulance's siren from behind the dense front door and I looked through the eyecup, seeing the vehicle driving away. "I didn't do a shit, okay? I wasn't here when it happened," he explained.

"When what happened?" I sobbed, trying to open the door but he placed his body in front of it so I couldn't escape.

"She got drunk and lost control," he explained.