C H A P T E R 19

tw: mentions of sexual and physical abuse. I do not romanticise those things, I use them for story purposes. Feel free to skip this chapter if you're not comfortable with it and Dm me if you want to talk about any trauma. You're not alone I promise.

TRAPPED

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 since JJ had slapped me and things had only gotten worse. At least for me. My heart had never been so hurt in my entire life. Or maybe when my father had left, but that was really it.

I spent nights crying in Kiara's arms, telling her I missed him, and JJ didn't even show up once at the chateau. I could tell his friends were worried but they didn't want to blame it on me, which was nice. That morning, Pope and Kiara had visited me at my house, pressuring me to help them pack a few things John B had decided to give to charity.

"Can't John B just do it himself?" I complained as we got out of the van and Kiara shrugged.

We walked in the chateau and I grabbed a box, ready to load it in John B's room and fill it up with clothes. "Alright, Kendall Foster is back for charity," I voiced in annoyance.

Pope and Kiara frowned a little, they obviously couldn't understand, only JJ would have. I walked in John B's room giggling to their confused faces.

"Finally! you guys-" JJ's eyes went wide when he saw me, and so did mine.

"JJ?" I asked as he got up from John B's bed, is eyes still locked in mine.

"What the fuck?" he asked, as confused as me when we heard the door slam behind me.

I went to it and tried so hard to open it, with all the strength my arms could possibly give, but it was useless, they had locked the door.

"We'll free you when you're done acting like you're kids," Kie yelled from the other side of the door, and I felt my blood boiling. I wouldn't spend a single second more with him.

"Free us now, Pope I'm not kidding!"JJ shouted.

"The window," I whispered and tried to swing it open but it was stuck. "They fucking glued it"

"Fuck!" JJ hit the door with his foot and I sat on John B's bed, talking my face in my hands.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂

After about an hour of complete silence, both of us sitting on different sides of the bed, I felt a hand touching my shoulder. I jumped at it's touch and snapped it off my skin. "Sam, we need to talk, or else they'll never free us," he voiced.

I frowned and sat more properly to face him. So it was the only reason why he wanted to talk to me?  "Do you actually think we need to talk only for them to free us?" I said, bummed.

"I'm trying to do efforts, for you and it's how you-"

"Okay, whatever, yes we do need to talk," I snapped cutting him off.

We both sat crossed legs, facing each other, with a distance separating us, as if we still wanted to avoid each other. It felt weird how a few days ago all I wanted was to connect my lips with his 24/7, and now even sitting so close to him almost disgusted me.

"I'll go first, I'm sorry for slapping you and sleeping with another girl the night we broke up, it was stupid," he apologised and I laughed ironically because it was more than simply stupid, but whatever. "Your turn"

"I'm sorry for saying you were like your father, I didn't mean it, I was just upset. It's the only thing you can reproach me"

He rolled eyes and shook his head. "You meant it, Sam, you meant to hurt me"