C H A P T E R 21

STEALING

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 the letter, JJ left pretty early, so his father wouldn't be mad at him for not returning home.

I fell asleep alone, happy memories filling my head. I had JJ's perfume all over my bed sheets, and it made me feel good, like somehow we was still with me. I heard a loud noise downstairs and it woke me up, in a scare jump. I got up from my bed and rushed downstairs, discovering my mother asleep on the cold floor of the entrance.

"Mom?" I called out.

She didn't answer so I kneeled next to her and touched her, which caused her to wake up. She looked confused of her presence on the ground and stared at me like I was a ghost.

"Sam, honey," she said sleepily.

"Mom, what are you doing here? let's go to bed," I quietly instructed her, grabbing her arm.

She sighed and sat up slowly. I helped her getting up and I didn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to find out she was drunk as hell.

"Tonight was so fun," she giggled, holding onto me. "Don't tell my daughter but I drank with Steve and Ward and it felt so good"

I sighed and opened her bedroom's door slowly. "Dad is gone, mom, remember?" I said softly.

"Oh, yeah maybe," she shrugged.

I took her to her bed and helped her laying on it, under the covers. I placed a glass of water and paracetamol near her. "Goodnight mom, I love you," I whispered.

She was already asleep when I kissed her head and I went back to sleep, hoping she wouldn't feel to hungover on the next day.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂

"Hi guys," I greeted.

I walked in the chateau, discovering all my friends gathered in the living-room. Kiara and John B were on the couch, JJ and Pope were sitting on chairs right in front of them.

"Hello there my pretty girl," JJ got up and pulled me in a warm hug, kissing my head.

Kiara smiled at the sight of her blonde best friend holding me tight, and I hid my face in his neck, feeling so safe against him. His cologne filled up my nostrils and I laid a few kisses on his neck, holding him tightly.

"How are you? you look tired," JJ whispered in my ear and I shrugged.

"I'm fine, it's just my mom," I responded, "She woke me up in the middle of the night, I'll tell you about it later"

"You should have called me," he said kissing my lips slowly and I pulled away so we didn't do PDA in front of our friends.

I sat next to Kiara and JJ sat back on his chair, Pope handing me a beer. I thanked him and sat crossed legs. The scent of old blunts and beers filled my nostrils and I smiled at myself, happy to be with my friends finally. "We were talking about the party JJ wants to throw tomorrow night," John B explained me.

"What party?" I asked looking at my boyfriend.

"He wants to throw a party here, in the chateau's backyard. Don't you think it's the worst idea ever?" Pope said, desperately.

"No, I think it sounds fun," I replied, a smile drawn on my lips.

"We've never thrown a party here, what if no one comes, or even worse, what if everyone comes?" Pope yelled at JJ's face and I bursted out in laugh.

"Chill Pope, it's just a party," JJ calmed him down.

"But I think the one we must ask the permission to is John B," I said slowly, looking at my friend. "What do you think Johnny?"