C H A P T E R 22

PARTY AT THE CHATEAU

𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄 and fill the chateau's yard, as I joined JJ who was leaning his back against a tree. He was alone, sipping his beer.

"Hey, is your girlfriend not here?" I asked, making my way in front of him, very close.

He smiled, put his beer on the table next to him and wrapped his hands around my waist, to keep me close. "Well, I think she's too busy kissing some Kook," he reproached, a smirk on his lips.

I rolled eyes, not knowing how to take this statement. As soon as Kiara and I had returned home on the precedent day, I had had a small conversation with him about it. He had reacted pretty calmly, actually, which was surprising coming from him. He had proven me he was mature enough to make a difference between kissing someone you love and kissing someone for beer outcomes.

"Whatever," I snapped, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Don't pretend you're mad at me"

He laughed and looked away. "Oh well he's already there," he stated, kissing my head as I rotated my neck a little.

I looked at where he was looking at and
saw Topper, drinking a beer with a few friends of his, including Sarah. It felt weird knowing Kooks had no shame on going at Pogues parties but Pogues had to hide in theirs. "So are you going to punch him? for kissing your girlfriend?" I said laughing and he rolled eyes.

He focused back on me and planted soft kisses on my neck, holding me tight with his hands around my waist. "JJ, not here," I muttered.

"But you're so damn hot," he whispered. "You have no idea all the things I want to do to you"

My eyes fluttered shut as he kept devouring my neck and I smiled softly. He did, make me feel good, kissing me in public and showing everyone his love and desire for me. "JJ, they're all looking at us," I said, trying so hard not to moan, and my cheeks reddened.

"I love you princess," he said in between kisses, leaving dark hickeys on my skin. "All fucking mine"

He pulled away from my neck and kissed my lips passionately, pushing my back against the tree so he could have a complete power over me. I giggled through the kiss and ran my hands in his hair. We pulled away, a bit out of breath and he smiled at me. "That's how I get payback. He kisses my girl? I prove him you're mine"

"Technically I kissed him, yesterday," I said just to tease, because I knew how he felt about it, inside.

"Technically I'll fuck you, tonight," he replied using the same tone as me.

We laughed and spent a few minutes just kissing, his lips caressing mine, driving me crazy. His hands were trailing up and down my back, pulling me closer every single time I tried to escape. We pulled away and he grabbed a shot, handing it to me. "I bet you can't drink this," he teased.

"Oh really?" I asked, smiling and he just nodded. "I'm capable of many things, you should know better JJ"

I grabbed three shots, poured them in an empty glass and looked at him. "I'll down those three at once," I challenged.

Before he could stop me or answer I brought the glass to my lips and swallowed the burning alcohol, very fast. Once I drank the last drop, I put the glass on the table next to me and smiled proudly at him. "See? I downed three"

"Good girl," he kissed my head and laughed at my nerve. "Just go easy, please"

We laughed and I kissed his lips slowly. It tasted like alcohol but our tongues still danced in synch and I enjoyed every second out of it. "I love you so much Sam," he breathed.

"Mhm," I tried to answer but he didn't let me, since he kissed me even more passionately. "I love you too"

I started kissing his neck just as passionately as he was doing to me before, and he suddenly moved a little.

"Oh, now it's gonna be fun," he said, looking away.

I stopped kissing his neck and looked up at him. He kissed my forehead and I frowned, not understanding. "What's going on JJ?" I inquired, worried.

"Don't follow me, I'll be back in a minute," he firmly instructed and I brought my eyebrows in a frown.

"What? Where are you going?" I asked, confused. "Don't leave me!"

He didn't answer and walked away from me, letting go of my hand only when we were too far for our fingers to connect. He made his way in the crowd of people dancing and my eyes lost track of him. I crossed my arms on my chest, my heart beating faster.

He disappeared, and I didn't even try to follow him, because it was hopeless. I had no idea what he had in mind, but it didn't sound good.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂

After he left, he never came back to me, that night. I called him, waited for him and searched for him, but he never replied or came.

I walked home alone, worried and most of all anxious, because I didn't know what was occupying my boyfriend's mind but for him to leave me alone, it had to be a big deal. I changed into JJ's clothes so I'd be more comfortable and laid on my bed, not making it to fall asleep. JJ was in my head, occupying it.

Maybe it was dumb to worry so much, because he was mature and responsible, but why would he leave me in the middle of the party and never return?