𝟬𝟮𝟭. 𝗪𝗘𝗔𝗞

Scott was hiding behind a book, listening to Allison's and Lydia's conversation

Scott was hiding behind a book, listening to Allison's and Lydia's conversation. I was listening to Allison's past, hoping there is a clue because it actually interests me.

"A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France, during the year 1764 to 1767," normally I wouldn't be listening, or even sitting with them.

But... I promised Scott I would help Allison stay away from him by leading her the other way, hopefully it'll work. "La Bete killed over 100 people, becoming so infamous that the king Louis the 15th sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it," she says and she looks at us, excepting us to say something.

"Boring," Lydia says and I shrug. "Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan," she says and I say "interesting" the same time Lydia says "hmm, still boring," I roll my eyes and look at Lydia. "Continue," I say and she nods.

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a suspected of a hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid,"

"Slipping-into-a-coma bored," Lydia says and Allison ignores her, moving on. "While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shape-shift into a man-eating monster," she says and I frown, shape-shifters? Wolves? Or... werewolves?

"What has any of this have to do with your family?" I ask and Allison nods. "This, it is believed that La Bete was finally trapped and killed by a renown hunter who claimed his wife and four children, were the first to fall prey to the creature," she reads and looks at us. "His name was Argent," she says smiling.

"Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?" Lydia asks and Allison looks even more excited. "Not just a big wolf, take a look at this picture," she says and I see... an Alpha?

"What does it look like to you?" She asks and this is the same sort of beast that attacked Lydia. I look at her and she seems, frightened. "Lydia?" I ask but she doesn't react. "Lydia?" Allison says too and I look at her snapping out of her thoughts.

"It looks like a big. Wolf." She says pausing between the words and then she smiles. "See you in history," she says faking a smile and walking away. "I think it's cool, but I wouldn't think much of it now," I say and Allison frowns.

"What do you mean?" She asks and I chuckle. "Wolves, Allison? They're just animals. There are a lot of bigger animals you can look into," I say and she nods, disappointed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that," I say and she nods. "I get it, I'm too old to believe I'm fairytales," she says and I chuckle. "I'm not saying you shouldn't believe, I'm just saying you might not like the truth behind it," I say and stand up.

"I'm going to Stiles, see you," I say and she nods, smiling. "Have you come up with a plan yet?" Scott asks and I sit down next to Stiles, kissing his cheek. "I like your flannel," I whisper and he smiles. "Thank you," he says and I smile sheepishly.