𝟬𝟯𝟮. 𝗕𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗘𝗪𝗦

I was sitting in the car and Melissa was driving me home

I was sitting in the car and Melissa was driving me home. He suspended me for the rest of the week, but I was aloud to go to the formal. "You are grounded. I have to take off from work, money that is well needed, to hear about you punching Jackson Whittemore? You're happy they're not pressing charges!" Melissa scolds and I nod, sighing.

"I'm sorry," I say and Melissa sighs. "Sorry isn't gonna do anything. You're grounded until you have to go to school on Monday again. You don't leave the house and you can't go to the formal." She says and I groan. "Fine. What about Stiles? Can he come?" I ask and Melissa frowns.

"Stiles? Aren't you broken up?" She asks and I shake my head. "Nope. We got back together, wait- can I watch his game tonight? It's the first time he actually plays and I don't want to hurt his feelings by not being there," I say and she nods, confused. We arrive and I get out. "Sorry," I say again and Melissa just sighs, driving away.

When I see she's at a safe distance I decide to go to Stiles' house, knowing he's done with school and knowing I'm in trouble already, I might as well enjoy it.

I ride over to Stiles' house and sees his Jeep in the parking lot. I check if the door is open and it was, so I walk inside.

"Hey Stiles!" I hear Mr. Stilinski yell and I walk upstairs. "Yo da-Derek?" He asks and I frown, walking up quietly. "Um-" he says and I see him in front of the door, pretending nothings happening.

"What'd you say?" Mr. Stilinski asks and Stiles frowns. "What? I said yo dad," he says and scoffs slightly, his heart racing. "Listen, I've got something to take care of, but uh- I'm gonna be there tonight. I mean your first game," he says and Stiles doesn't seem all too happy about it.

"My first game. Gosh, great. Awesome. Uh good," he says and Mr. Stilinski stays quiet for a second, nodding. "I'm very happy for you and I'm really proud of you," he says and Stiles nods. "Me too. I'm happy and proud of myself." He says awkwardly and I look at them. I don't think Stiles notices me, but he looks so nervous.

"So they're really gonna let you play, right?" He asks reassuringly and Stiles nods. "Yeah, dad. I'm first line, you bet," he says the last part in a high voice and Mr. Stilinski smiles. "I'm very proud," he says again and Stiles nods again. "Oh, me too again I'm-" he starts and Mr. Stilinski hugs him. "Oh?" He asks and shuts the door. "Huggie, huggie, huggie," he says awkwardly and waves with one hand.

"Hi," I say and Mr. Stilinski turns around, frowning. "Celia. Hi," he says and looks at Stiles. "See you there," he walks away and Stiles nods. "Take it easy," he says and when Mr. Stilinski's gone he sighs and puts his head against the door.

I open the door while Stiles moves out of the way and get inside. When Stiles gets inside Derek pushes him against the door and points at him. "Oh!" He says and I hear a thump.

"If you say, one word..." Derek threatens and Stiles looks at him. "What do you mean, like: Hey dad. Derek hale's in my room, bring your gun?" He says sarcastically and Derek lowers his hand, but still holds Stiles' shirt with the other.