Chapter 1: Happy Days

Maggie is established as a little in this story; Lena's story will be like an awakening.

"LENA KIERAN LUTHOR!"

The CEO stops in her tracks, her cheeks tinted the bright shade of red, the colour slowly travels just under the collar of her sleep shirt.

"Come here please." Kara's voice is stern.

"I was so happy that you decided to make breakfast for me." Kara scoops a bit of the still warm and fluffy eggs onto a fork.

"Come to find out, it has kale in it, KALE, of all green things, kale!!" Kara flails her arms dramatically. She gags a bit when some of the offending leafy pieces fall off the fork.

Lena can't hold back her laughter for much longer.

"You're the one who told me to loosen up, and besides, kale is good for you!" She says in between snorts.

"I'm a superhero! I can eat candy all day every day and STILL keep these abs of steel!" Kara emphasizes it while motioning to her prominent but still soft pack of abs.

"Oh, look who is oh so modest." Lena snorts again, but can't help but watch with rapt attention towards the girl of steel flexing muscles.

They get you every time.

"I'm sorry darling, care to wait a bit so I can rustle up some actual breakfast?" She takes the frying pan from the drying rack and sets it on the heating stove.

"Or would you rather just sit around and eat candy?" It wasn't a real question but the ever so oblivious Kara,

"Just because I COULD eat candy 24/7, doesn't mean I want to, at the moment." The last bit was mumbled under her breath just enough for Lena to catch. Lena shoots her an eye roll and gets back to making the kale free eggs.

The pancakes were made earlier alongside the kale infused eggs. Lena also decided to add turkey bacon to her girlfriend's meal and vegan for herself. The eggs are made with a vegan egg mixture, that's the only vegan alternative Kara will allow, she doesn't seem to notice the difference even with her Kryptonian super genes. Kara always wonders why Lena chooses to substitute meals with vegan alternatives.

"Babe, you feed me Big Belly Burger 24/7, I can't run on grease." The conversation ends with a pouting Kara staring down the leafy greens and bean burger replacements. The next week is the same, Lena still eats what Kara brings though, she realizes it's her love language, it's her way of showing her love without actually saying it. If anyone asks, no, Lena did NOT cry when Supergirl had an emergency and left a special note on the CEO's napkin. She did not save the flimsy paper in her desk, and she does not look at it now and then just to make herself happy before a board meeting, she doesn't shed one tear.

Lena finishes cooking about twenty minutes later, in between that, Supergirl was called for a small house fire just on the edge of the eastern coast, gladly, nobody was injured. The morning runs smoothly after that, sans Lena's kale attack. It's almost seven when bellies are full and dishes are cleaned, they both get ready alongside each other.

They don't bump much into one another, perks of having a billionaire girlfriend, her bathroom is a little more than half of what Kara's old apartment used to be (obviously greatly exaggerated, but come on, A SHOWER THAT HOLDS UP TO SIX PEOPLE).

Lena comes out of the bedroom rocking a deep emerald green style jumpsuit, her ears are coloured with black diamonds. They pair with black power heels, just enough inches for her forehead to barely meet her girlfriend at eye level, without having to stand on her tippy toes.

Kara is sporting her favourite blue button-down, it hugs her arms and waist in all the right ways. Along with the light blue shirt, she slides on a pair of navy blue slacks, they are more on the darker side of the colour wheel. She sports some slip-on flats that match her dark blue trousers.

"The driver is waiting downstairs for us, ready to go?" Lena does one last check in the mirror, applies a light layer of gloss and looks Kara's way for an answer.

"Yes m'lady, after you?" The Pulitzer winning reporter does a faux curtsy, almost tripping over her own feet.

"Come on you big dork." Lena snorts, grabbing her purse, opening the door and leading Kara out. The door locks automatically behind them, they venture to the elevator.

"Your dork," Kara says wistfully. She turns to Lena after the elevator door closes and pulls her into a slight hug. The kiss is light and sweet but every ounce of the heart is poured out into it.

Lena's eyes were closed before she could realize it. They pull away slightly, Lena mutters, "yes, my dork."

Nobody says anything to the CEO when she walks through her company with the biggest smile plastered on her pink-tinted face.