Chapter 25: Tiny Itty Bitty

The crying from both girls die down once again and they have both passed out from exhaustion. The girls look fairly small for what Alex initially suspected they were, most of the baby fat has dissipated, but they are below average physically in every other area. Maybe they are younger than they seem. Some tests have to be done, and the group has to figure out if they have changed cognitively, so far neither girl has said or done anything to show any signs of concern, but they haven't done anything to put the three at ease either.

"We have to bring them to the lab." Alex is a bit flustered with this change of events, a little scared too. Everything happened so fast and she has no idea what to think, what to do, this is all out of her wheelhouse and she does not like not being in control, especially when it comes to the important people in her life, her family.

"Kara, you know you just sneezed blue dust right? That couldn't have been my imagination, could it?" Alex is on the verge of hyperventilating.

"No no, I saw it. It kinda looked like-" Kara goes wide-eyed and her mouth opens and gapes like a fish, as if something struck her brain, the only thing she's missing is a lit-up light bulb hovering overhead.

Instead of looking at her sister, the blonde reporter turns shy, the realization struck her like a freight train. I've seen this shade of blue before.

Her eyes shift to her sleeping baby, she is still rocking the tiny CEO in her arms. Her little girl is snoring lightly, drool dribbles a bit out of the corner of her mouth. Her head is turned right in the crevice of Kara's breast, two fingers lazily hanging between her lips.

Kara breathes out a sign, careful not to disturb her girl's peace. "I'm sorry...."

"Kara, what happened?" Sam speaks up.

Kara gets up and kisses Lena's forehead. She shuffles over to Alex, whose arm looks like it has healed up nicely.

"Your arm's good right?" Alex shakes it out and then nods yes. Kara swiftly hands Alex the girl, the itty bitty Luthor doesn't stir at all. Kara then begins to pace the room freely.

"Ok, remember this morning when I was late? Well technically, I didn't lie when you asked why. I was in the clouds, I just don't know how I got there-"

Alex goes wide-eyed. "Kar-"

"Shh Lex, anyways.... All I remember was leaving home, then flying over CATCO. Then bam, I was floating over the Pacific. I didn't know what I was doing there, I didn't remember what I was supposed to be doing so I went through my pockets. I saw I had cash which was weird. It had the words apple juice scribbled on it but I didn't pay that any mind at the time, it made me remember where I was supposed to be flying to. I remember having to wipe away blue sparkles from my suit before I flew off to the shop. I didn't think anything of it, I've had weirder stuff on my suit. I just, the shade of blue- and I don't remember, and then sneezing said blue sparkles..."

Alex is fuming, she was about to get up and berate the super but she realizes she is still holding a sleeping child.

"You little bastard, you used a sleeping Lena so I couldn't get up and tackle you to the ground?" Alex says through clenched teeth. She's not mad at Kara because this is ultimately 'her fault', she's mad that Kara didn't tell her about the memory loss, the weird event, anything could have happened and Alex wouldn't know a thing.

Kara gives her sister an innocent smile and shrugs at the question.

"Rao help us."

Sam stands and rocks her girl. "Alex, we should get to the lab and quarantine. Maybe we all should since we have been in contact with Kara, and her smurf sneeze is the thing that is the reactant of all this."