Chapter 7: Assassination Number....?

The same day Maggie was stuck at work, Chapter two, but in the middle of the workday this time.

Lena plops down in her office rolling chair rather dramatically. She's grown tired after a long day of emergency unscheduled meetings. She's glad at least half of them were just regular phone calls, the other bit were video conferences.

It makes no sense, why did we need to video chat, especially if there were no PowerPoint.

The tired CEO hasn't had anything to quench the ebbing thirst she started the day with since her first meeting. She gets up from her seat and saunters her way over to her minibar to pour out a large glass of water. She takes a couple sips, relishing in the refreshing cold liquid that hits the lining of her stomach.

She is still turned to the bar, just caught up in her own thoughts. Lena's ears pick up the tell-tale sign of boots meeting the concrete of her balcony. She always leaves the door unlocked for Kara, it's easier for her girlfriend to stop by that way, not having to worry about blasting in while she's in a meeting.

A knowing smile tugs at her face.

"Supergirl, to what do I owe the plea-" Lena turns around and realizes some things.

It is not Supergirl standing on her balcony.

"Who are you?" Her trembling voice betrays her stoic body. The cyborg-looking man has a half mask on, obstructing their facial features.

Lena is still standing by her bar, grasping a now half-empty glass. She grips it like a lifeline.

"Honestly, you don't recognize me?" The man steps a bit closer slowly, he then unmasks himself.

"I'm just the last thing you're gonna see." He walks up to the CEO a bit faster. "I'll be the face you see, right before the lights in your head go," he makes an explosion expression with his hands. "Boom!"

He is closer than before, he stalks closer though. Lena backs away, her thighs hitting the edge of the bar.

Morgan, Morgan Edge!

The realization hits her like a freight train, the glass slips from her fingertips and smashes into pieces on her office floor.

Morgan laughs, a big belly one too, the arrogance.

Eve decides to walk in at that moment, curious as to what the crash was.

"Ms. Luthor, are yo-" Her sentence gets cut off from a blast coming from Morgan's suit. The suit looks equipped with some sort of photon beam, and seems like it's deriving its energy from the sun. Both of his arms seem to be upgraded with this tech, he looks grotesque.

What have you done Edge?

Eve screams as she gets shot back out of the office door.

"Now, where were we." It's a rhetorical question, but one nonetheless.

"You're getting the hell out of my office." Lena's outward demeanor has grown annoyed and still, trying to show all confidence. On the inside, she's trembling.

Lena reaches behind her without looking, grabbing the water jug she used to pour her drink. She aims and throws it towards Morgan, hitting him squarely between the eyes.

Him sputtering gives her just enough time to reach under the bar to grab her hidden gun.

Her hand is on the barrel but Morgan blasts her in the shoulder, the gun slides just out of reach.

"You bitch, you stole my company, my cred, you took away my whole life!"

Lena is writhing a bit on the ground, but does not make a peep.

"As you can see, I've made a few upgrades. You like?" He shows off both of his arms and flying aeronautics

"I guess I can thank you, having time to myself, allowed me to think, experiment."

He walks closer to the CEO, looking down at her, with a pleased smile, he swings his foot, it meets her ribs in one fluid motion.

Lena gasps at the sudden impact, biting back a groan, she still doesn't shed a tear, even if she's bleeding, and is sure to have one hell of a bruise in the morning.

Lena grabs at her ribs, trying to take in steady breaths, the pain is sharp and quick with each intake.

Lena tries to slide back, doing whatever she can to get away from another blow. Morgan grabs her by the ankle, then he gets down on his knees, he makes a tight closed fist, Lena's eyes grow wide at realization, he hits her.

Seconds, minutes, hours? They fit together like the swirling of honey in warm morning tea. Her mouth and nose ooze her blood. It leaks slowly down her chin, staining her blouse. The ever-stoic CEO's eyes start to blur with unshed tears. She tries to shake them away, willing herself not to break in front of him. Trying not to give him any more satisfaction.

Lena is a bit dizzy due to the extra force his mechanical arm punches,

"Had enough yet?" He goes to swing his arm again, aiming for her left cheek.

She flinches away, trying to twist and turn to avoid the seemingly unavoidable steel blow. He laughs.

"Pathetic littl-'' It's his turn to get cut off. In one swoop, he is frozen on the ground, just his head stuck above a block of ice, unconscious.

"Lena, baby, can you hear me?" Kara's voice was soft, kind of muffled. It's like Lena's been tugged underwater. She reaches, trying to swim to the shore.

The battered CEO squints, trying to focus on the face in front of her. But everything is just so noisily muffled and blurry.

Lena finally lets her tears fall. She recognizes the red and blue pattern that's bared in front of her.

"It's ok baby, we will get you fixed right up." Supergirl caresses her lover's cheeks. She gently scoops her up bridal style, a motion that has been repeated over the many years, second nature, sadly. She tucks Lena's head into the crook of her shoulder, shushing the whine that escapes her girlfriend. She flys off to the medical wing of the DEO.