Chapter 20: Radio Silent

The lot sits in silence, sans the still screaming cook that plays on the TV. Everyone sits still, a bit bleary-eyed in shock. Their brains can't grasp the concept of the situation escalating to that point in such a short amount of time, then the news station leaving them hanging with no real update on the person injured. Sam is the first to shake off the shock of it all.

"Ok, um- ok, don't panic, I'm gonna, Ima fly out and I'll call you when I have news." Sam stutters a bit over her words, she's trying to stay as neutral as possible, knowing something like this can trigger both of the other girls into a panic, and she can't take care of that right now, she has to get to the scene to make sure everyone is ok.

Maggie goes to protest, knowing that she will probably go mad if she is left to stay there and wait. "But-" Sam opens her mouth to stop her girlfriend but Lena beats her to it.

"It's ok Mags, Sam will get there fast enough if she leaves now. You know driving emotionally like this isn't a good idea. Sams got this, right?" The CEO looks towards the Kryptonian who is already dressed in her emergency suit. Lena created it for moments like these, emergencies that could use a powerful Kryptonian. It helps that this Krypton-born alien is not susceptible to kryptonite like our resident super.

Sam has figured out that regular superheroing isn't her thing, she's a numbers cruncher, she's satisfied with the good deeds she can do from behind a desk.

This isn't the first situation where her powers have come in handy, at least once every couple of months Supergirl could use a hand, that's when Agent Red comes in, a name Sam isn't too much a fan of but it's kinda growing on her.

The suit itself is simple looking. It's the deepest shade of blood red, when she makes her appearances at night it's basically black, you can see the red glisten under the moon though. The House of El family crest sits on her left breast, right above her heart; that, and her cowl that looms just below her eyebrows are outlined in an iridescent gold. Sam nearly cried when Kara suggested she wear her family's crest, saying that Sam is a part of her family now. The reporter was so happy to have another Kryptonian she can share her culture with.

Sam firstly outright refused the offer, still beating herself up for all the terror and destruction Reign has caused. But after much coaxing, Agent Red was born, only seen when things got out of hand and a little bit too much for the two original Supers to handle themselves.

Sam clips in her blue coloured cape, " of course, I'm sure Alex is being overdramatic, she loves her theatrics." Sam straps into her blue face cover that matches her cape, she uses it along with her cowl to disguise her facial features. Kara pointed out that the degree to her disguise was unnecessary but the brunette doesn't hold as much faith in the blonde-haired blue-eyed reporter with her identity.

Sam leans in over the couch and kisses both girl's cheeks, lingering a little longer than normal.

"I'll call Lena's phone when I get to both of em. If I somehow can't for some reason I will try and get Winn to make the call for me."

Sam walks towards the balcony door and opens it. The moon is out, full, and shining bright. It would have been a perfect night to go stargazing, Maggie loves it when Sam takes her out flying, especially when she's little, she always feels like she can touch the stars. When she closes her eyes, it feels like she's floating, it's the feeling she gets when she is really little and everything is all fuzzy on the inside. It can be scary sometimes but then she remembers her momma's and the arms that wrap around her, then she calms because she knows she's safe and they will never let her go.