Chapter 44: Fishies

"Mama! Lookie, fishies!" Maggie tugs on Alex's red sleeve and shoves the tablet in her face.

Alex laughs amusingly and slowly lowers the tablet to viewing level. "Yes bug, I see the whales. We will be going there soon. I need to put on your shoes. Can you stay still for a bit?"

Alex and Sam rarely take Maggie out when she is little. Maggie has never felt comfortable enough to wear her little clothes or be anything but badass detective Sawyers on the outside of their home.

This wasn't even a planned littles day. It was just supposed to be a fun day that happened to cater more towards the littles personalities.

Once Alex gets Maggie's shoes tied, the tiny detective jumps up and runs into the living room.

"Sammy!" Maggie jumps into the taller girl's lap.

The Kryptonian kisses the top of Maggie's head, "Hello bunny." Alex walks out then and Sma eyes her in silent question. Alex just smiles and nods her head. They have their little bug today.

"Are you happy to go to the aquarium?" Sam picks the girl up and seats them at the table. Kara serves them breakfast

"Yup, never been, always wanted to but papí couldn't take me."

It takes a lot out of Sam to control her expression. Maggie rarely ever mentions her Father and has never mentioned her family at all in little space, save for her Aunt who took her in after getting kicked out.

"Well now we can go. Lena made sure we could interact with the seal there."

That makes Maggie bounce with joy. Her face holds a huge smile that her Mommy loves to see.

"Before we go we gotta eat alright?"

Maggie's hand catches at the spoon of the oatmeal bowl and quickly scoops it up. A couple minutes later she slows down and Sam ends up feeding her the rest. Magie comfortably sits in Sam's lap, content to be fed and attended to.

There are a few things that Sam and Alex need to do before they leave home for the day so Kara decided to take Maggie and Lena to the car to wait.

"Kara, do you think we can get ice cream?" Lena helps Maggie buckle in and then buckles in herself.

"I'm sure we could. Here, play with this till they get down here." Kara gives the girl a phone and Maggie takes it eagerly.

Kara can sense a weird aura around Lena. She puts on a smile while Maggie looks at her and then it falls once the detective turns away. Lena was excited to go to the aquarium and yet she seems irritated by it all now.

I'll have to talk to her later.

........

The group's first stop was the little pond with the stingrays. Maggie was scared to touch it at first but once she saw Lena go for it without a second thought, the detective felt the slimy backs of these stingrays that more resemble sharks.

Sam and Alex are proud of Maggie for exploring and not minding others. They can tell that she has dampered down her littleness for the sake of not drawing attention but Maggie is having the most fun possible.

"Look Lena! It's a lionfish!" Maggie quickly takes her friend's hand and all but sprints to the glass pushing her nose where the lionfish swims.

Kara smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes. She knows that there is something wrong with her baby but she can't put her finger on it. The Kryptonian wants to talk to her but doesn't want to ruin the day if it turns out to make things worse on the Luthors' side.

"Alright Mags, looks like you're squeezing kinda hard there." Her Mommy cuts in seeing a red fingered Lena.

Maggie quickly releases her hold and mumbles a sorry and goes back to talking about the lionfish. She has known about this trip for a week now and she has spent most of her time preparing for this day. Her head holds so much information and she blurts out all the fun facts as they walk past all the different exhibits.

Maggie knows that Lena probably knows all of this but the CEO doesn't stop her one bit, content to relearn from a happy Maggie.

"Did you know that jellyfish are considered predators? It's weird how we associate jellyfish with tentacles, some jellies don't even have them." Maggie moves closer to the glass looking at the glowing creatures.

Kara looks at her watch and can hear Lena's belly rumbling a bit. It's about lunch time and then after that they will have their time with the seals.

"Come on guys, don't you want lunch?" Kara walks up to the glass looking at both girls. She leans into Lena's side and the girl lays comfortable, letting out a silent breath only heard by Kara.

"But-" Maggie is cut off by Alex's hand intertwining with her fingers. The redhead kisses her on the cheek.

"We have to get lunch, you must be hungry by now. Then we can go see the seals, you don't want the seals sad that we were late do you?"

"No I don't." Maggie has a little pout on but lets herself be guided to the food court.

Sam ends up getting everyone's food and they sit for about forty-five minutes.

Kara thinks this is a good time to have a little conversation with Lena. "Lee, can you follow me to the bathroom?"

"Kay." The throuple are enraptured in a conversation about the zoo vs the aquarium when the other two leave.

The reporter grabs onto the other girl's hand and squeezes it in reassurance. 

A/N: Short I know but this will progress, hope you enjoyed.