Chapter 17: Baby Steps

The blonde came back about half an hour later with half the amount of baked goods she bought in Paris. Flying around the world requires extra calories! No worries, there are of course enough left for the extra guests to partake in.

While she was on the flight there, she tuned into her girlfriend's heartbeat, she heard it was slightly elevated. She just touched down and she tuned in more, she recognized the detective's own next to Lenas. She waited and then listened in until it slowed.

The Kryptonia dashes into the room, and scoops up her raven-haired girlfriend, after making sure the two weren't having a moment.

"Breakfast Mags."

"I'll be out in a minute blondey."

Kara nods her head in response, she snuffs the strawberry-scented area of the CEO's neck. This action makes the shorter of the two laugh and tries to squirm away. Lena in turn tucks her head in between Kara's spot, the area between her neck and shoulder.

"You smell like chamomile, you got the tea?"

"Well hello to you too, my flight was fine, thank you for asking."

Kara shoots Maggie a smile and floats herself out of the room while still holding tightly onto her charge, she pulls the door up gently, careful not to shut it.

Maggie is left in the room with her thoughts. She looks over to Fluffy, Lena decides to leave him. The detective can hear her ask faintly for her stuffy Oliver.

Maggie stares at Fluffy, contemplating bringing him for breakfast. She doesn't want to get him dirty, last time she decided that he should be able to eat too. Five minutes in time out and having to wait almost an hour for him to be washed and dried had deterred her from trying to feed him again. He did enjoy the food though, you can never go wrong with white pasta.

Why not?

She gets up and stretches, she reaches over and takes Fluffy by his arms and goes out to the kitchen. She sets him on the couch facing the tv, so he can have some sort of entertainment while he is forbidden to eat. Once he's all set up, Maggie skips over to the breakfast bar and plops down on one of the stools.

"Good Mornin Bun."

"Sammyyyyyy"

Sam just smiles and kisses her temple.

"Sorry, not little, got it." Sam eyes Fluffy on the couch, the CFO's eyes flicker slowly back and forth between him and Maggie.

The Latina groans and flushes slightly, not fully regressed, so her adult side is a bit embarrassed, her little side is wanting the comfort object close and in sight.

Sam hands her a plate of vegan scrambled eggs. Maggie, little or not, refuses to eat them any other way than fluffily scrambled. On the side is vegan bacon, Maggie wasn't a fan of real bacon but Sam insisted she try the vegan option, she is starting to take a liking to it. There is one slice of toast with a thin coating of strawberry jam, not jelly. The difference is substantial.

Sam slides her a small bowl of cut-up fruit; pineapples, watermelon, honeydew, and strawberries.

Sam goes back to the kitchen and plates herself and Lena's food. Alex comes over and hands the detective a juice box, already with the straw stuck in it. Maggie thanks them both.

Sam elects to eat on the couch with her best friend, Alex sits on the stool next to her shorter girlfriend.

They eat with the TV playing in the background. Kara feeds Lena, and Lena picks at Sam's fruit bowl. Alex finishes first, having to share a home with Kara for years, she has learned to eat like her life depended on it, lest the food is stolen by sneaky Kryptonian fingers, she has yet to grow out of the habit.

Alex washes up her dish and puts it in the dishwasher. She hears the crinkling of a paper bag so she turns around. Maggie has stuffed about half the pastry into her mouth, the detective's eyes go wide at being caught and she sheepishly bows her head, trying to chew what she has in her mouth.

"Maggie, you have had three already. You haven't even finished eating your fruit." The brunette's mouth is still full, she tries to swallow what she has left. Alex knows that her girlfriend will probably not finish, she is too full on the pastries.

The redhead shakes her head in a bit of exasperation. "Too much sugar bug, here, drink some water, I'll help you take a bath," Alex says it like nothing, out in the open. Alex's motives aren't entirely innocent. She tries to coax Maggie into dropping, Sam has already done a part, calling her Bun. Baths are soothing for Maggie, especially if someone is washing her and all she has to do is relax. She is prone to dropping those times, Alex knows it well.

"Kay." The little detective finishes up.

Sam is still eating on the couch with Kara and Lena, trying to pace herself to the best of her ability. She has been listening in on her girlfriends and Sam doesn't want to ruin the moment.

Alex ushers the Latina while holding her hand to the bathroom for a shower.

"Wait!" Maggie sprints back to the couch and comes back to Alex cradling Fluffy in the croak of her elbow. She retakes Alex's, "Ready now."

Alex smiles with glee on the inside, she looks back towards Sam and all she does is smile and ushers them away, Alex takes her little one to the bathroom.