Chapter 24: Blue Sparkles

The blonde Kryptonian eyes blink away the black spots clouding the edge of her vision. Her eyes brows scrunch up in confusion, she doesn't know exactly what's going on, only that she is now floating above the clouds in the middle of the Pacific with no recollection as to how she got there.

Kara shakes away the rest of the confusion and thinks carefully on what she is supposed to be doing. Nothing comes to mind so she reaches into her suit's pockets and picks through its contents.

To herself, she whispers out loud, "phone, ooo candy, money." She doesn't usually carry cash with her, she never usually carries enough that could feed her if she were to buy something.

She looks at the cash and flips it over as if it could give her a clue, on it, its scribbled, apple juice. "Ahh, apple juice, got it."

As if nothing happened, she brushes away a bit of random blue dust on her suit, she zooms along to the store and purchases three packs of twelve apple juice boxes and with the change she buys as much candy as she can with what's left.

"What took you so long, it's been almost forty-five minutes." Sam sets up the bowls of fruit and plates of sandwiches in front of three chairs.

Kara opens up the juices and puts one out to each girl, except Alex who is drinking a slightly spiked morning mimosa on the couch. "Oh, uh, I got distracted I guess, was caught up in the clouds."

The taller girl smiles, "yea I get it, since I figured I could fly, I can't stop racing the birds through the clouds. Everything up there is quieter than on the ground, as you well know." Sam's face morphs, overcome with nervous energy.

"Do you- maybe, do you think we might be able to visit Krypton, like, can I come with you? I know technically I wasn't born there, I was made, to- you know." She laughs nervously, "destroy the world or whatever they thought they wanted me to be and do." Sam blows out another nervous breath, "Actually, nevermind, they'll probably hate me for disrupting their peace, just forget I asked it's ok-"

To stop her rambling, Kara crushes her into a hug that Sam can definitely feel.

"Kara, you're crushing me hun." She says a little strained.

Kara backs off, but only slightly to look at Sam face to face. A huge grin is plastered on the blonde's mouth, if she wasn't indestructible, Sam is sure her face would break in half. Her eyes even shine with happy tears.

"Rao, I've been wanting to ask you to come with me for ages, but I didn't want it to seem like I was pressuring you into it for me or something. You actually wanna come with us?"

"I know it's not really my culture, I didn't grow up there and until recently I didn't know I was from your world. I just- I wanna know what it's like. I've been curious for so long and you talk about it like it's heaven and I wanna experience that. I've never really felt 'home' anywhere, I've made a home with Alex and Maggie, both you and Lena, but I can't help thinking that maybe my 'homeless' feeling is because I'm not technically from here. Does that make sense?"

"I get it. I couldn't fathom what happened to Krypton when I was younger, obviously, that's a lot to process as a kid. Once I got my bearings, it was still hard to feel at peace. I've made earth my home, but I've always felt this disconnect with it. Krypton gives me something that earth can't, the culture, the food, the language I missed hearing the most, my- no, our culture puts me at peace that not even Alex can simulate."

"It's just one of those things you can't get anywhere else but from the source, that's what makes it so special. I would never want to move back to Krypton, I love that place, but the earth has become more my home now, since I've made them my people, I wouldn't give it up, like if everything was in reverse and I had to migrate from Earth to Krypton, I wouldn't give Krypton up for anything. The Krypton trips are to fill that scratch I get, I don't really know how else to explain it."