Chapter 5: 'Please slow down?'

Maggie has a tough morning, Sam and Alex do their best to help.

//

Alex's start to the day is slow. She goes to try and rub the sleep that still caked her eyes. The night had been a bit rough but smooth compared to others. Maggie's sleep was fitful, but gladly she never woke fully enough for it to be hard for sleep to reclaim her. Her half-awake form would just sink into the immediate comfort that was provided by either Sam or herself.

Alex is by no means a morning person. If she was capable of it, she would shoot the sun out of the sky and live in bed for eternity. She could probably get Sam to try, she probably wouldn't even think of it though. That woman loves the sun.

Right now the curtains are slightly agar. The light beams through, showering the room in a soft morning glow. I'm sure Sam has a smile plastered all over that face of hers. Kara used to roll over her in her sleep just to bask in the sun that peaked through their windows.

"Kryptonians and their sun, I'm almost positive it's equivalent to a drug."

Alex stretches a bit and feels for the little body that was supposed to be to her left. Instead of a warm sleeping body, she is met with a cold deflated comforter.

How did I not hear her, must have been so damn tired.

Alex squints over to her clock that sits on her end table. It is almost a quarter to nine. On the far left of the bed, Sam starts to stir herself. The sun is out a bit more, just enough of the beam covers her face and she wakes up just enough to be aware of the room.

Still with her eyes close, Sam shifts to her side and tries to cuddle Maggie. She knew the detective had a hard night and morning cuddles help immensely.

She feels the sheets, quirking an eye open to see if what she is feeling is correct.

"Morning Allie, wheres Mags?" The question came out as a grumble. Just because she likes the mornings, doesn't mean she loves them.

"I don't know, I just got up."

They both sit up and stretch for a second. Low satisfied moans make their way out of each occupant's mouths. They stifle their laughter in favour for getting out of bed and making their way to the living room.

They open the door and are met with a shaking figure, Maggie, sprawled out on the couch. Her blanky is on the floor and she's clutching fluffy hard to her chest. The tiny detective paci has made it out of her mouth and tears stream steadily out of her clenched shut eyes.

They slowly walk to her, careful to not make any sudden movements or sounds in fear of startling her. They are used to night terrors, but this one seems like the worst one they have ever witnessed.

Maggie is covered in a thick layer of sweat and tears. She lets out a defeated whimper and sobs, she white knuckles the stuffed elephant with more precision. She breathes heavily and mumbles under her breath.

Maggie curls into herself, even more by each mumble. Her words are slurred and jumbled.

Alex and Sam usually can't make out what she's saying when she sleeps during an episode. This time is different, it's a bit clearer and they can make out what words she is trying to say.

"Daddy, pl-please. No more, h-urts!" Maggie's hands fly up to her throat, dropping fluffy in between her legs. Her nails try to dig in, trying to get away from the invisible offender. Her hands then fly to each arm, scratching at the skin, drawing angry red marks. She breaks the skin and the pain she would be feeling seems non existent, she is still fighting the man in her dreams.

When she gets like this, it's best that they coax her gently out of the dream, they try to keep the trauma to a minimum. But right now, they seem out of options.

Maggie starts to scream and her cries grow more hurried, She scratches frantically, and jolts left and right to try and run away from her attacker.

Sam jumps in behind her, with her blanky, and wraps her up real tight. She knows this could be traumatic but she can't have Maggie injure herself any further. She is already bleeding and adding more pain to that can cause a spiral nobody wants to see.

Maggie tries to fight, but she is no match for the solid Kryptonian body pressed up against her back. Her legs have freedom though, and they thrash like no tomorrow.

She yells, "No-no-no, Please, m'sorry!" over and over again.

Alex chimes in, bringing a cool washcloth, and gives it to Sam to press against her head. Sam starts to sing an old lullaby she vaguely knows the lyrics to.

Alex slides down to Maggie's feet, slowly touching her. Maggie twitches but then settles and lets out a small cry. Alex caresses her legs, humming along to Sam's tune, just waiting for their Maggie to snap out of this nightmare.

Eventually, after many restarts of the song, Maggie slowly comes to her senses.

Sam puts the wet cloth down, still hugging onto Maggie firmly. Her tears have slowed but have not come to a stop. She wants to seek out more comfort so she moves to try and hug Sam from her front.

Her movements stop dead in their tracks. Maggie's tears start to speed up again and her face turns a deeper shade of red.

Sam shifts a bit, the tiny detective grumbles and forces her to still. That is when Sam notices a damp feeling on her legs where Maggie is seated on her lap.

Sam goes to remove the blanket, trying to prevent it from getting soaked even more. Maggie whines heavily. Fat tears get mixed with her salty sweat.

Maggies is mortified. How could you do that? They must think your so gross and stupid and bad. Maybe they will hit you like he did! You can't stay, you have to run.

Instead of bolting, she is frozen in place. Afraid to move. She sits up stock straight, waiting for the hard hand to come barreling to her face. Instead, she is met with soft caring ones, arms that enclose her in a safe and warm hug.

"Yucky." She manages to mumble. Trying to give Sam an out, instead, the CFO moves her closer and kisses the temple of her skull.

Sam still hums a bit, trying to calm her little bunny back down.

//

The next chapter will be uploaded next week. That will be the last chapter of this throuple for now while we delve into the Supercorp relationship. It's fluffy. :))