Lost and found

3rd person POV
An awkward silence accompanied them in the elevator ride. Tash began darting her eyes around the fairly large area searching for a way out again, maybe if she could get out of New York this time she could disappear. Steve took note of the gesture and nonchalantly grabbed her wrist. "Think I'm gonna make a run for it old man?" Tash shot at him "weren't you?" He retorted.

Just then the elevator door dinged signifying they had reached their floor. Walking out Steve still kept a death grip on Tash's wrist. "Hello captain" Fury greeted the super soldier and then turned his attention to the teenage girl at his side who looked absolutely terrified. "Hi I'm director Fury" he introduced himself but Tash darted behind Steve.

Steve POV
I flashed a quick look at Nick and turned to talk to Tash. " listen sweetheart he's not gonna hurt you it's ok just talk to him alright?" She nodded slowly. I felt my grip on her wrist change from just me holding onto her to her clutching my hand as well. Why has Fury got her so freaked?

She stumbled forward murmuring a timid "hi". Just then Tony's kid he recruited enters wearing his bright red suit. "Hi mr Rogers I heard you had found-" "yes Pete you lost I found" I jeered. It's wasn't the kid's fault he'd dropped her she had been trying to get free but I was still mad at him for putting Tash in danger. "Hi" he waved at Tash a little too enthusiastically, both Nick and I looked annoyed.

Tash seemed to share in our irritability and flashed him a look. Peter began backing up until Tony came up behind him. "Hey I just came in to see Tash, where you off to kid?". He ran up to Tash hugging her as soon as he saw her "Tash was I was so worried!!". "So um how do you guys know each other?" Peter whispered nervously. "We'll she's....." Tony started.